Fug...another 'exhaust advice' thread.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fug...another 'exhaust advice' thread. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes, these threads seem to be an everyday occurrence and I've read the vast majority of them. So I've narrowed ...

Question Fug...another 'exhaust advice' thread.

Yes, these threads seem to be an everyday occurrence and I've read the vast majority of them. So I've narrowed my choices and wanted to see if anyone has experience with my final two.

The Subie: 2012 SWP base WRX Hatch. Stock. Plan on installing KartBoy short throw shift w/ bushings at the same time of exhaust install.

I've narrowed my choices to:

- GReddy SP Elite: GReddy SP Elite Cat Back Exhaust Subaru STI Hatchback 2008-2012 / WRX Hatchback 2011-2012 at RallySportDirect.com

- MadDad Whisper: MadDad Whisper 08+ STi Catback

My main decision factors are achieving that nice boxer rumble without drone (hence no Q300) and something not too loud for the wife (yeah...i know).

A few questions.
    Will the Maddad fit my WRX? On their site it's listed under "STI 08+".
    I hear some good things about "Nameless", but all the options kinda make my head spin. Too many factors that will effect the sound and me not knowing how each option will affect it kinda turns me off. Should I be?

Again, I'm a heavy lean towards the GReddy and MadDad (minus the fitment question), what say ye?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Fug...another 'exhaust advice' thread.

Have you hit up any local meets so you can hear them in person?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I haven't gotten around to looking for meet ups. Too busy working to pay for these upcoming mods! Ha. I'm sure I can find some here around Houston.

Again, will a Maddad Whisper fit a non-STI WRX?

Both will be great exhausts. They are both good, throaty sounding ones when it comes to the GD generation, so I imagine that's what they are going for in the 3rd Gens.

As far as fitting a WRX, I'm not sure. 08+ hatches and sedans have a lot of games between them, so some things fit, others don't. It'd be wise to ask the vendors since not many people actually have those exhausts.

On a side note, I think it'd be really cool to see a different style exhaust for the 3rd Gen hatches. Everyone has quad exit pipes. I'd like to see a single exit out of each side.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I'm in the same situation. I wanted the Q300 until I heard about the drone problem. Do you know if the Greddy Elite drones at all?

08+ Sti Exhausts fit 11+ WRX Hatchbacks

I have no personal experience with the Greddy Elite but from what I hear they do not drone. I had the Greddy TiC on two cars and the resonators were really good, no drone and pretty quiet.

First get a new wife. Secondly get the whisper

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.