2011 WRX Stage 2 questions

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Stage 2 questions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Since day one I have always been on the fence about bringing my 2011 wrx to stage 2. My number ...

2011 WRX Stage 2 questions

Since day one I have always been on the fence about bringing my 2011 wrx to stage 2. My number one issue has always been throwing the warranty out the door, but after 20,000 miles of driving a stock wrx and having numerous friends with stage 2+ WRX's, I think I'm ready to mod my car. The only mods I've added to the car so far are the invidia Q300 CBE and Kartboy STS. The stage 2 tune I will receive will be an open source from a local subaru tuner. My question for you is what would you recommend doing?

My Ideas:
    -I definitely plan on installing an invida catted DP.
    -COBB SF Intake? I love the sound it adds to the car but I also dont believe its worth the money if it only brings very minor gains. Is it safe?
    -Bigger injectors and a fuel pump?
    -Open source tune

Any thoughts/ideas will be greatly appreciated!

edit: Any opinions on suspension mods as well? Swaybars and endlinks?

-Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Who would be tuning the car?

An intake on your car should net decent gains with a custom tune. If you go the Cobb SRI route, make sure you get the airbox to go with it. Personally, I'd go with the AEM CAI instead.

I wouldn't bother with injectors unless going with a bigger turbo or you want to run E85. Fuel pump wouldn't be a bad idea.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

just do it and dont look back!!!! I did and I 'am on my second motor running perfect. I had the 09 with the 08/08 build date and SOA was kind to help me out just be up front about everything. ********D
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I Support ClubWRX
    From your list of mods, I would do suspension first since it won't play a part in any denied engine warranty. Sways and endlinks are a great upgrade. I've got 24F/22R and have really enjoyed handling.

If the engine mod route is what you decide, Choose tuner wisely. Seek parts recommendations from said tuner. DP is obvious, and as EJ257 said I also agree that the AEM CAI would be a better option than the Cobb SRI.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG