shifting issues

This is a discussion on shifting issues within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has any one ever had the issue when shifting from 3rd to fourth and it feels like it went in ...

shifting issues

Has any one ever had the issue when shifting from 3rd to fourth and it feels like it went in to 2nd and the rpm gauge shoots up to 8rmp. It only happens when i push it. One of my friend say that the trans is slipping and it need to be rebuild and the other says its the clutch and one says that it has happens to him but its only because he is shifting into second.

Thanks
    2006 WRX
    2012 WRX STI
    - Speed never kills anyone, Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what whats gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico2611 View Post
    Has any one ever had the issue when shifting from 3rd to fourth and it feels like it went in to 2nd and the rpm gauge shoots up to 8rmp.
    No.

One of my friend say that the trans is slipping and it need to be rebuild
    Manual gearboxes don't slip like automatics.

and the other says its the clutch
    Maybe.

and one says that it has happens to him but its only because he is shifting into second.
    Maybe.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

IT WONT HAPPEN TO MANY TIMESSSSS
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

My is in the shop right for the same thing the trans is bad my Is a 2011wrx with 29000