Turbo question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so, just had my car looked over at the dealership said looks pretty good, ripped cv boot going to ...

Turbo question

Ok so, just had my car looked over at the dealership said looks pretty good, ripped cv boot going to fix that pretty soon. Anyways I am considering a Blouch 16g, would like to get just over 300whp. Will this turbo make that, and if so at what hp do you need to start building up the internals on the 2.0s? Oh yea i Have and 02 wrx, turboback, streetlight flywheel, and uppipe, on her currently still need a tune going to do that soon.
    Last edited by natepless; 09-24-2012 at 02:43 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What dyno?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    What dyno?
    Well I guess the dynos can be vastly different. Doesnt have to be exactly 300whp just in that area is what im shooting for. I still havent decided where to get my car tuned, still asking around to see whos good.

Im just trying to get some info from anyone that may have upped to a 16g or 16gxt on an older wrx. This is my daily driver so just wanting to get some feed back on if this is a viable upgrade, as far as reliablity with stock engine and tranny. Im sure id have to beef up the fuel system a bit.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Turbo question

That's getting to the point where reliability becomes questionable.

UNYSOC

Yea if thats the case may just stick with what I have, Any thought on some smaller mods that will inch me closer to 300 but not over?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by natepless
    Yea if thats the case may just stick with what I have, Any thought on some smaller mods that will inch me closer to 300 but not over?
    Get a tune for the car. StageII may be sufficient.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Get a tune for the car. StageII may be sufficient.
    Yea im sure your right,lol.

16g would be sufficient in that it would get you close to or over 300whp just depends on what dyno.

If you want reliability stock motor should hold up fine to 300whp its the transmission that is of question. Although when you start making more power than stock reliability is generally out of the question. Stage two might be sufficient enough for your needs with a good tune.

Get a tune for stage two and see if you still want to make more power you may want to stop there.

Just remember if you upgrade the turbo you will need to get supporting mods.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.