Help Deciding an Exhaust. '12 hatch

View Poll Results: Which exhaust should I buy?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perrin

8 25.81%
  • Greddy

10 32.26%
  • HKS

5 16.13%
  • ARK

0 0%
  • I dont know.

8 25.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help Deciding an Exhaust. '12 hatch within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am a function and form kind of guy. I take in consideration of all aspects of the exhaust. Piping ...

Question Help Deciding an Exhaust. '12 hatch

I am a function and form kind of guy. I take in consideration of all aspects of the exhaust. Piping diameter, the way it flows(especially how it exits the muffler. very important to me for some strange reason), and of course the way it looks.

I have my eye set on at this point 4 exhausts. Perrin's, the HKS Legimax, Greddy's SP Elite, and the much loved because how it sounds ARK Grip. On to why I like and dislike these exhausts.

Edit: Future mods are to go Stage 2. Currently stock...

1. Perrin:
    Pros: I love the 3'' piping, I Also love only 3 pieces and the V bands. Allows for easy installation. It exits the muffler nicely being split perfectly 50/50 for the 4 tips.
    Cons: I'm not a fan of the single walled tips too much....

2. Greddy:
    Pros: I love the look of the double walled tips and how the all flow evenly to all 4 tips.
    Cons: Its only a 2 3/4'' exhaust.

3. HKS Legemax:
    Pros: Looks awesome and sounds great! ..... its also HKS
    Cons: I hear it's only a 65mm exhaust. And $800 for the rear section only!?!?

4. ARK:
    Pros: Another visually appealing exhaust. 3''. From what I gather the best sounding exhaust out there....
    Cons: a. THE REAR SECTION COMES TO A T!!!!!! This is my main complaint of the exhaust. If it camy to a Y like the sedan version I would be getting it. If you do it to one then why not the other right? b. 5 sections really!? c. It's a heavy exhaust. I think something like 58lbs. and d. The price. on sale for $1444... again.... REALLY!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by 90crxfreak; 09-22-2012 at 09:56 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

TBH I didn't read your whole thread, but do you have any other mods?

I Support ClubWRX
    All I have to say is I love my GReddy. It is on the pricey side,but not that heavy compared to for instance the Q300. And very well made. The tips look fantastic. Sounds fantastic & what is most important for me,has minimal drone.

Have you considered the Maddad Whisper?Another great sounding exhaust .

My GReddy SP Elite

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Secondly... since I have heard none of these... they all seem to have a good name. ARK is a favorite of mine from back when I had my 370z. I didn't go with their set-up but ONLY because at that time they weren't putting out the power some of the others were showing on their dyno sheets. I do know however that ARK is top notch with all of their welds and workmanship. From what I understand they are (or were) handmade. I'm not sure about the other brands. That's important to me too.

I asked about the other mods because all you will gain is sound and lets face it... that's a lot of money for sound and a cop attention getter. I would personally take that 800-1000. and get a DP, CAI, maybe 1 or 2 other goodies and come out with 30-50 more whp or possibly more depending on your car of course.

by the way.. if you are looking at one to help with looks, I may be polishing the rear section of my exhaust to give it a little flash until I get some other mods and put another exhaust on it. I will likely do a how to.
    Last edited by Methodical4u; 09-22-2012 at 09:51 AM.

going to do to stage 2 but stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    going to do to stage 2 but stock now.
    I'd think about getting all of the mods you're going to get to go stage 2 and the last one being a CBE... a DP will yield MUCH greater results in power, that coupled with a few more mods and you would be quite surprised.... IMO of course.

as of now I'm still good with power.... i want to hear the bower motor more.... after the exhaust i have my eyes on an AP then DP....

oh, and the the opti-coat came out great!

as of now I'm still good with power.... i want to hear the bower motor more.... after the exhaust i have my eyes on an AP then DP....

oh, and the the opti-coat came out great!
    That's great to hear... might I suggest instead of the 600.00 AP (which is a great tool) the TP stage 1 or 2 map with a tactrix cable and a laptop... you'll spend a whole lot less money.

Hey man... I got curious and started looking a little for myself for later... this Invidia is for a 4 door, but they probably have a 5 door version, or maybe some others cheaper... this one is a SS tip (don't know if that matters) but it's 670.00 shipped Invidia HS08SW4GS3 2008 2012 Subaru WRX 4 Door Q300 Single Rolled S.S. Tip Cat-Back Exhaust

On a side note... all of these CBE's are WAY overpriced... I think my move would be to go to my local exhaust shop ... one with a really good name and have them make you one. I'm sure it would be cheaper than all of these.. but maybe not.

Actually.. I think that's a single tip... here's another that's a dual exit, but only one tip... http://www.gotboostinc.com/inq3ducat...utm_medium=cse

The Q300 drones a lot on the hatches and seems like everyone has them. And I just love the quad tip look. I don't think the hatches look good with the big single and its louder too...

The Q300 drones a lot on the hatches and seems like everyone has them. And I just love the quad tip look. I don't think the hatches look good with the big single and its louder too...
    Idk man... I still vote to keep it stock... maybe go with a TurboXS stealth back... it will give it some tone, be cheaper, and give you a whole lot more power. Put some other mods on there with the added cash... just my .03.... << my advice cost a penny more... obama made it go up.

Edit: ONE thing I did see... and I have no idea on the exhaust fitment or anything, but it looked cool is forcewerks? Don't know, but here's a link... quite inexpensive http://www.importimageracing.com/for...FUJo4Aod80MAfA

I Support ClubWRX
    Id listen to tony, like 6 months ago he had every single exhaust built on his car lol

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

all I can say is JUST LOOKS wise, that ARK for me is hard to beat... but looks doesn't equate to power either.

That is why I'm not sold on it. They dint even have simple dyno numbers with it. Not like they truly matter but it makes you think it hurts more then helps...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast