Engine swap cost?

This is a discussion on Engine swap cost? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So tried doing a search, but guess I didn't do it right cuz nothing came up. Sorry kinda new at ...

Engine swap cost?

So tried doing a search, but guess I didn't do it right cuz nothing came up. Sorry kinda new at this... So I'm getting a 95 Impreza L tomorrow. Its got the 1.8L in it. How much you think it would cost to swap it out? I'm not looking for something crazy powerful, just more life to it, since the current motor has 226K on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd think more than this:
    EJ20 into 90's Impreza conversion on a budget. [Archive] - Tampa Racing
    and it'll end in tears.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    By the way, what I think is meaningless. Here are prices:
    Garage Tuning - Swap Pricing

I wouldn't.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

probably looking at $3k or so for something similar to stock...if you're trying to throw a WRX engine into it...I wouldn't.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Either option would cost more than a second complete car in many cases.