06 Exhaust build
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 Exhaust build within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Currently driving a 2006 wrx (EJ25) and I need some advice for an exhaust build. Im looking at buying: COBB ...

06 Exhaust build

Currently driving a 2006 wrx (EJ25) and I need some advice for an exhaust build.

Im looking at buying:
    COBB Tuning Catted Bellmouth Downpipe
    Tomei Expreme Ti Titanium Catback exhaust
    + new turbo heat shield and exhaust hangers

For my peace of mind I definitely want to keep it catted. Would this setup constitute a tbe system or am i missing another component? Also, I know the Tomei Expreme Ti catback is loud but does anyone know a db reading? As Im in Australia (its still cheaper for me to import, ship, pay tax than buy domestically), is there any recommendations to where to buy the components from?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mikey6291; 09-17-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: more detail

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That would be considered a full turbo back exhaust. What type of tune will you be running with the new set-up?

As for your other questions, I don't know the answer to those, hopefully someone else does.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

After the exhaust, ill be running stock tune until i save enough money. Being a student sucks sometimes!
    Eventually, the plan for a new intake and of course retune but thats further down the track.

Ive also heard it worth doing your gaskets while your installing the exhaust. Can anyone shed some light on what is recommended?
    My hope is that the tbe system is done right the first time and I dont have to back fixing new problems.

If I had to choose between the downpipe or the catback, for the time being until more money flows in, you would buy the catback right?

first, you will NEED a tune when you put on the downpipe. So don't put it on and then wait till you have money for the tune. Wait until you have money for the tune, then put the DP and tune on at the same time. You should replace any gaskets that you will encounter when doing exhaust work, they're generally really cheap and in something like yours, an '06, they most likely can't be reused anyway.

If you have to choose between the two, buy a cat-back now, and then when you have money for the DP + tune, get those. The cat-back won't require a re-tune of the ecu, but the DP will.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

FMS

Grimmspeed makes a gasket that is 22% thicker than OEM and creates a good seal. That being said OEM will do just as good. The only gasket you will need is going to be the turbo to downpipe one as the exhaust should come with its own.

We are running 5% off on all exhaust components so you would get the entire order for 5% off but I am not sure how good shipping will be. If you would like a quote shoot us a PM with basic shipping info territory/state/zip and we can give you a quote sir.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    first, you will NEED a tune when you put on the downpipe
    This. Please listen to this.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

noted

So definitely go catback exhaust then later DP+tune+turbo to dp gasket
    In terms of the DP, would either the COBB or an Injen catted bellmouth downpipe make any difference besides the hole in my wallet?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.