2012 wrx hatch exhaust

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx hatch exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey everyone, i'm looking to upgrade my exhaust. i only want a better sounding one, not too loud, not to ...

2012 wrx hatch exhaust

hey everyone, i'm looking to upgrade my exhaust. i only want a better sounding one, not too loud, not to quiet but on a good budget. i was looking at a turboxs catback or a nameless axleback (5" muffler), both which are within my budget ($500-700). does anyone here have either these two? the clips i have watched on utube are not really too helpful but anyone with real life experience (and any other suggestions) would definitely help. thanks guys!
    2012 DGM WRX Base

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the original Nameless axleback with the magnaflow muffler (all they offered in the beginning) and I absolutely love it. There's no drone, it's the exact level of loudness that I want, quality product. I wanted something that would open up the sound a little but not piss off the neighbors or get annoying on long drives. The Nameless was perfect for me.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Get the nameless with 5" mufflers. That is what I am getting. Have only heard good things about nameless.
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

I have the TurboXS. I like it a lot.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    I have the TurboXS. I like it a lot.
    I found this thread an got excited because this poster is in the EXACT same position I am in, but then I saw there are only a few responses lol. Anyone else can contribute to this?

maus, you still feel the same way about your TXS?
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Yes, best bang for the buck hatch exhaust
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

That's what I like to hear! I do a lot of highway driving, so how is the drone in your opinion? I think I may order this one today!

BTW, I grew up in palm Beach.....small world.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    That's what I like to hear! I do a lot of highway driving, so how is the drone in your opinion? I think I may order this one today!

BTW, I grew up in palm Beach.....small world.
    There is a decent bit of drone, I find it more than manageable. Any hatch exhaust is going to drone. Windows down, radio, or manning up takes care of it. Best priced exhaust for the money.

561 4 lyfe
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper