500hp turbos?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 500hp turbos? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright heres the problem, ive been doing research on a turbo that get my 5 sti up to 500 hp. ...

Registered User XxJUNCTIONSTIxX's Avatar

500hp turbos?

Alright heres the problem, ive been doing research on a turbo that get my 5 sti up to 500 hp. Im looking for (preferably) ball bearing with external wastegate for the lowest price of course. Ive heard people say the gerret gt3076r cam make that much but then others say it cant. HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    bhp or whp? if whp, on what dyno? On what type of fuel?

I Support ClubWRX
    You're aware that that typically means running you in the $10K range, right?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    `All you have to do is look at the compressor maps. It's not that hard. When in doubt,go bigger. And like Mainframe said,it's not just basing numbers on the turbo by itself. It's the whole kit and caboodle that will determine final numbers. Fuel type,injector size,intercooler,cams......whatever it all has to be taken into consideration.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

What i have now is all forged internals, e85/93 maps, greddy fmic 1100cc injectors walbro 255lph fuel pump. I for the most part have all supporting mods. Im still just running a vf43 turbo. Ive been doung research on the gt3076r and gerret majes one for 1600 bucks but godspeed makes one for 600. Why the price difference? Both rated to 500hp.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XxJUNCTIONSTIxX View Post
    Ive been doung research on the gt3076r and gerret majes one for 1600 bucks but godspeed makes one for 600. Why the price difference? Both rated to 500hp.
    The difference is one is quality built and comes with a warranty and the other is guaranteed to fail within 2 years. Keep researching and tell me which falls into the categories I just listed.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Godspeed? No.

If you're serious about going that power level, you need to go for something that is tried and true, has their own research and development, and has been in the game tried and true for many years...such as Garrett. You don't skimp out for "as cheap as possible" when you're at that stage of the game.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens dont wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    These threads are quite common "How can I make 1000whp as cheaply as possible." Funny part is that at these power levels, expensive failures are much more common! OP, at 500whp, make sure you have funds put away for expensive repairs.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XxJUNCTIONSTIxX View Post
    Why the price difference? Both rated to 500hp.
    Who do you think decides what turbos are rated at? The manufacturer 'claims' it.

I would go with a quality manufacturer for a turbo. You won't obtain good results otherwise... nor will you have any results for long. The $1k difference to go with a quality brand is like buying anything from the dollar store... you may save some cash upfront... but you know deep down you are buying junk (and you would be buying junk with the godspeed).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Well gerret turbo it is then, wife is mad but i wanted it haha yeah i didnt have a good feeling about the godspeed. The wife just didnt want me spending that much after i just spent 1500 for the fuel system. But i got it so thanks for your suggestions guys

Get a new wife.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^+1

Btw... you probably won't hit 500whp on that turbo even on e85. You'll be well over 500chp though.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    `All you have to do is look at the compressor maps. It's not that hard. When in doubt,go bigger. And like Mainframe said,it's not just basing numbers on the turbo by itself. It's the whole kit and caboodle that will determine final numbers. Fuel type,injector size,intercooler,cams......whatever it all has to be taken into consideration.
    not to go off topic, but how exactly do you read the compressor maps?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    not to go off topic, but how exactly do you read the compressor maps?
    Use Winzip...you have to decompress them
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens dont wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast