Fmic/bov
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fmic/bov within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm switching to a front mount intercooler. I'm not sure where the bov is supposed to go. So do I ...

Fmic/bov

I'm switching to a front mount intercooler. I'm not sure where the bov is supposed to go. So do I have t buy an aftermarket one, (which I'm told is a bad idea) or is there a mount that comes with the intercooler? Someone help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FMS

First off what is done to the car already sir?
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

K and n typhoon intake, bloushe 18t turbo, some Chinese knock off eBay top mount intercooler. Aftermarket pistons and rings(I forget what ones) also bigger injectors I can't remember. And Finnaly I have an aftermarket block made in the us. It's an ej22 which is a 2.2 they made for the first sti only sold in Japan. It's a brand new block. With less then 10 thousand miles. Walbro fuel pump. Sti heads. Sti oil pump..... I think that's it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Some FMICs come with flanges for valves, some don't. What brand are you looking at?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Some FMICs come with flanges for valves, some don't. What brand are you looking at?
    He already got the FMIC off Ebay. More than likely you will need to custom fab a BPV flange onto the tubing of the FMIC. I would suggest getting a quality FMIC though. I have a thread were someone tested the Ebay ones. It wasn't the best result. I will try to find it.

Here is the thread. Now yes this is for a TMIC. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2126473

Below you can see that this car they added to BPV to the return tube going into the throttle body. Then you can have it recirculating back to the turbo inlet hose location.
    Last edited by FMS; 08-29-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMS View Post
    He already got the FMIC off Ebay. More than likely you will need to custom fab a BPV flange onto the tubing of the FMIC. I would suggest getting a quality FMIC though. I have a thread were someone tested the Ebay ones. It wasn't the best result. I will try to find it.

Here is the thread. Now yes this is for a TMIC. EBay TMIC tests - NASIOC
    Oh I haven't bought one yet. I have a eBay top mount now. I was going to invest in a good one. Like turboxs

Below you can see that this car they added to BPV to the return tube going into the throttle body. Then you can have it recirculating back to the turbo inlet hose location.

FMS

My apologies! I thought I read that you bought an Ebay FMIC. Great brands to consider for aftermarket FMIC would be:

TurboXS: TurboXS Front Mount Intercooler Subaru WRX / STI 2002-2005 - Flatline Motorsports

or Perrin. Perrin's FMIC will keep the stock location of the BPV and make install of an OEM BPV very easy.

We also carry the Perrin one in all colors and can get you a price on it if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by FMS View Post
    My apologies! I thought I read that you bought an Ebay FMIC. Great brands to consider for aftermarket FMIC would be:

TurboXS: TurboXS Front Mount Intercooler Subaru WRX / STI 2002-2005 - Flatline Motorsports

or Perrin. Perrin's FMIC will keep the stock location of the BPV and make install of an OEM BPV very easy.

We also carry the Perrin one in all colors and can get you a price on it if you wish.
    That would be great!

FMS

PM'd sir

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.