Difficulty level of downpipe install? (2012 WRX Sedan) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Difficulty level of downpipe install? (2012 WRX Sedan) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That heat shield is one of the most popular ones. It looks great, prevents heat soak well, and is easy ...

FMS

That heat shield is one of the most popular ones. It looks great, prevents heat soak well, and is easy to install. I have it on my car and... cant give it enough praise.

Id be happy to help you out on these parts
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're smart to do so. After a few cbe experiments I ended up with a 3" setup that mates to the spt muffler for the 08-10. Its a little deeper than factory but very very quiet and flows enough to support my hp needs/desires. The dp/tune is the best bang for buck out there. You'll be very pleased with the outcome.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by FMS View Post
    I am sure you have probably seen this but it may help you out:
    DIY Stage 2+ (Downpipe, Uppipe, TMIC, EBCS, Ram Intake, Wastegate Blockoff, EWG)

I find the downpipe to be so simple. An hour of time and you should be solid.
    I have read that actually. It did seem easy for you but I'm sure you're 100% more mechanically inclined than I am haha. Do I need all those other items for stage 2? I thought that all I needed would be a downpipe. Or are they to ensure that the car runs safely on stage 2? Sorry if you already mentioned and I missed it - it's a pretty long and comprehensive write-up you did haha.

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    I have read that actually. It did seem easy for you but I'm sure you're 100% more mechanically inclined than I am haha. Do I need all those other items for stage 2? I thought that all I needed would be a downpipe. Or are they to ensure that the car runs safely on stage 2? Sorry if you already mentioned and I missed it - it's a pretty long and comprehensive write-up you did haha.
    The extra parts are strictly support mods.
    EWG - solved an overboost problem we were having.
    TMIC - cracked the OEM one on a 3rd gear WOT pull.
    EBCS - helps regulate wastegate control.

Quote Originally Posted by FMS View Post
    The extra parts are strictly support mods.
    EWG - solved an overboost problem we were having.
    TMIC - cracked the OEM one on a 3rd gear WOT pull.
    EBCS - helps regulate wastegate control.
    I hope I don't run in that issue!

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    I hope I don't run in that issue!
    You shouldn't

It's not that bad at all. Just take your time and don't stress...

...although it did take Mikie over a year to install his dp...
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    It's not that bad at all. Just take your time and don't stress...

...although it did take Mikie over a year to install his dp...

hahahaha

Was reviewing this thread as I'm half way through my downpipe install on my '13 WRX; a friend is coming by tomorrow morning to help supervise me under the car. Removed the factory heatshield and loosen the 5 turbo to downpipe bolts all the while leaving the TMIC connected . The breaker bar with a swivel head makes the tight area easier to get too. Want to keep all the stock parts intact so I can convert back to stock when I sell it next summer, so I'm installing a couple add-ons for this project. Using a Cobb downpipe (nice quality), Perrin thermal downpipe blanket, PTP thermal turbo blanket, and Perrin heatshield. Both the heatshield and turbo blanket might be an overkill but I figure the more heat I can keep away from the TMIC and in the turbo will work better.

The setup is a simple Stage 2 with AEM intake, Torque Performance map(s), Cobb AccessPort, Cobb downpipe, and factory CBE for now. Want to see how quiet the factory CBE is with the new downpipe and stage 2 installed before deciding on an axle back upgrade. Again, this is a simple one year of fun project then revert back to stock and sell in 2014. I love my WRX and happy with it, more so than my BMW 335i with a Dinan Stage 2 I had a couple years ago. Next year's project looks like it will be the new Corvette Stingray; just love tinkering with cars and bikes and then moving on to another fun project; just like dating

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.