stock 2008 WRX mod help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stock 2008 WRX mod help within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I am trying to get my stock 2008 WRX sedan to sound better over getting a massive amount of ...

Arrow stock 2008 WRX mod help

So I am trying to get my stock 2008 WRX sedan to sound better over getting a massive amount of performance gains. I am looking at a Blow off valve and I have also heard about taking the skocus? or something like that (intake silencer) out which makes it louder. I am also looking at a different muffler system that would sound great but make sure my car still passes the required emissions testing. Suggestions would be great and any other ideas on what I should mod would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get a Cobb accessport and tune to stage 1
    Then get an exhaust you like the sound of

I have done invidia down pipe and magnaflo exhaust with a stage 2 tune and love the sound.

FMS

The two mods that are going to make your car sound more like a sport car instead of a sewing machine are going to be your intake and turbo back exhaust.

Your BOV isn't something that should really be changed until you go to stage 2. The stock plastic ones will begin to leak around 17 PSI and stage 2 is usually around 19 PSI max. That being said even an aftermarket BPV will not make audible noise unless you get one which vents to atmosphere. Even that is not worth it. The air that is measured going into the air intake is then assumed by the ECU that it is going into the engine. Since you would be blowing off to the atmosphere the system is now loosing out on air it was calculating to be there. Not only this when the system recirculates it loops back to the turbo and keeps the turbo spooled for better boost reaction when the shift is over. If sound is a must for you then I recommend the GFB Respons which is a hybrid BOV that is adjustable to allow for any percentage of atmosphere dump (Exe: 25/75 & 50/50 & 75/25)

Go Fast Bits TMS Respons Hybrid Blow Off Valve Subaru WRX 2008-2012 / Legacy GT 2005-2009 - Flatline Motorsports

As for intake I don't recommend replacing it unless your pushing more that 300 WHP. All you will really pick up is a suction noise like air getting dragged through a straw.

Finally exhaust, you have many great companies. Nameless Axlebacks, Invidia, Cobb, Perrin, Tomei all fit great. They all sound superb, and it really comes down to whats in your price range and how loud you want it.

Cat Backs - Flatline Motorsports

For the most power gains you can bolt on and get the car tuned with your looking at a downpipe. These can be added to stock or aftermarket exhaust and when coupled with a tune (required) the car reacts and drives better, safely.

Downpipes - Flatline Motorsports

Finally here is a how to thread describing some of the most common installs and up grades among WRX/STi owners.

DIY Stage 2+ (Downpipe, Uppipe, TMIC, EBCS, Ram Intake, Wastegate Blockoff, EWG)

Please let us know if you would like quotes on any pricing or have further questions.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

dont waste your $ on a BOV just get a Q300 with the stock downpipe and enjoy the rumble
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I got an Invidia Q300 TBE on and it sounds awesome. getting a CAI is good too. just wont hear anything until turbo starts spooling. Without proper engine management or tuning a CAI could mess up your Air fuel ratios. Just put on a Q300 and get a cobb accessport and go Stage 2, and ur car will sound awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.