Kronos Performance's 08+ STI / 11+ WRX Magnaflow Catback Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Kronos Performance's 08+ STI / 11+ WRX Magnaflow Catback Review within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So some of you know that even though we sell parts we have been holding off on buying any actual ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Kronos Performance's 08+ STI / 11+ WRX Magnaflow Catback Review

So some of you know that even though we sell parts we have been holding off on buying any actual parts for a while. Finally decided to modify my 2009 STi which is completely stock. First modification we decided to go with is the Magnaflow Catback Exhaust with the Quad Tips which replicates the factory catback.

Now just a little background on myself personally. I'm days away from being 28 years old (August 1st), I don't want a stupid loud car anymore but I do miss actually hearing my car. I enjoyed driving and knowing that people can't hear my car miles away and I'm not flooring the vehicle. I basically wanted some more bass in the exhaust...low and deep with the typical gurgle sound of the Subarus.

After listening to a few clips on youtube of people who had it, it sounded great to me and plus I've always been a fan of Magnaflow on other vehicles.

One thing that worried me at first was realizing it didn't have a resonator, so wasn't sure how loud it was going to be but I still had trust in Magnaflow.

I decided to take my car to Superior Automative in Trenton, NJ off Rt 130 (http://www.superiorautomotivenj.com) and they were great. They had it installed in about an hours time and didn't cost me an arm and leg. I highly recommend them if you're in NJ. Also note I did use Perrin Exhaust Hangers (5 of them).

So basically after the install and driving it...I LOVE IT! Its perfect for me. Its low and deep, I should be able to drive past cops without them thinking they should write me a ticket for loud exhaust and I can hear my exhaust more so than factory.

Here are some pictures of it during the install:

If any of you were interested in purchase this catback, you can find it here:

Magnaflow Catback 08+ STi / 11+ WRX Hatchback [16824] - $540.00 : Kronos Performance, Fueling the Car Lover Within

Here are some before and after Videos:

Last edited by adam@kronosperformance; 07-26-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our featured brands

Oh... I am sooo tempted. Thanks for posting that. It sounds like a different car! Like you, I want to hear the car, but I don't much want others to hear me.

I've been considering the SPT system for the future, but at +/- $1000 plus labor, it seems a bit steep. I do like the idea of having a Subaru dealership put their own parts on my car, then there's no way they can deny warranty issues. But, I know, denial of warranty because of aftermarket exhaust? Unlikely.

I also like the sound of the SPT exhaust from what I've heard on YouTube videos. Sounds like it might be a little more subtle than the Magnaflow. Any experience of the SPT system?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Oh... I am sooo tempted. Thanks for posting that. It sounds like a different car! Like you, I want to hear the car, but I don't much want others to hear me.

I've been considering the SPT system for the future, but at +/- $1000 plus labor, it seems a bit steep. I do like the idea of having a Subaru dealership put their own parts on my car, then there's no way they can deny warranty issues. But, I know, denial of warranty because of aftermarket exhaust? Unlikely.

I also like the sound of the SPT exhaust from what I've heard on YouTube videos. Sounds like it might be a little more subtle than the Magnaflow. Any experience of the SPT system?
    Problem with SPT is that it might be too quiet, its too expensive and on top of that its 2.5" and not 3" like the aftermarket companies.

Mind you, the deal we have going ends August 1st so if you can jump on the deal, I highly suggest it.
    Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX
    The Nameless Performance 5 door exhaust utilizes a Magnaflow muffler. It has a great sound. Thumbs up to Magnaflow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Does it bolt right up or require more than that for installation?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    Does it bolt right up or require more than that for installation?
    It bolts right up. No modifications necessary.
    Our featured brands

And it is ultra cute to boot.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    And it is ultra cute to boot.
    oh you would say that.
    Our featured brands

Those tips look like cannons

The shop was cool with letting you go in to the shop area and take pics during the install? I've always wondered about that. I want to ask my shop if I can when I'm ready to get a CBE.

I think the exhaust sounds great from outside (experience). What is your opinion of the exhaust inside the car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    I think the exhaust sounds great from outside (experience). What is your opinion of the exhaust inside the car?
    It sounds great from inside. If you don't want to hear it, you don't have to...very low on drone.
    Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    The shop was cool with letting you go in to the shop area and take pics during the install? I've always wondered about that. I want to ask my shop if I can when I'm ready to get a CBE.
    They actually took the videos for me lol
    Our featured brands

Consider this an 'official' request for a short video inside the car (sound getting up to highway speed)? The issue people always say they have with this exhaust on the hatchback is drone on the inside. You have a camera, a car, and an exhaust!

Come on! You know you want to!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast