Thinking about deleting your air pump on your WRX?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

This is a discussion on Thinking about deleting your air pump on your WRX? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Get ready for the task at hand and make sure you have all the necessary tools...including (1) bullet for your ...

  1. #1
    Boost > NA itWRXjustfine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Riley
    Posts
    809

    Thinking about deleting your air pump on your WRX?

    Get ready for the task at hand and make sure you have all the necessary tools...including (1) bullet for your head.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

    My 2006 Build

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User lytlec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    4,310
    Any advantages other then a cleaner looking engine bay?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

  4. #3
    Boost > NA itWRXjustfine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Riley
    Posts
    809
    Less clutter is really the only benefit. No performance gains to be had, but I had everything apart for my turbo/transmission ordeal and thought it was the best time to delete. There are some write ups out there for the STi's but they only have one of the ports to delete.....the easy one.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

    My 2006 Build

  5. #4
    Registered User lytlec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    4,310
    Did you have to remove the intake manifold? If I ever decide to do this I am going to make sure I take full advantage of it and do other stuff as well...lol...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Any advantages other then a cleaner looking engine bay?
    You lose ~7lbs.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Did you have to remove the intake manifold? If I ever decide to do this I am going to make sure I take full advantage of it and do other stuff as well...lol...
    You don't have to remove the intake manifold. Although it would make it super easy.

    It's a pretty easy task to accomplish, but I would suggest that you only do it if you have your UP and intake mani off. You should have done it before you dropped in your SB.

  8. #7
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,226
    I Support ClubWRX
    I plan on taking mine out when I do TGV deletes and that boatload of crap. Waiting for KNS to get their blockoff plates in. Hopefully won't be too bad with everything off.

    I plan on cutting the sensor off of the one solenoid. Ordered gaskets and hardware as well - figured $10 would go a long way against murphy's law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,644
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I plan on taking mine out when I do TGV deletes and that boatload of crap. Waiting for KNS to get their blockoff plates in. Hopefully won't be too bad with everything off.

    I plan on cutting the sensor off of the one solenoid. Ordered gaskets and hardware as well - figured $10 would go a long way against murphy's law.
    Torque solutions has them.

  10. #9
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,226
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Torque solutions has them.
    I'm cheap and in no rush =P.

    I am piling up some additional stuff to do along with it. Main thing left to find is fueling stuff. Will get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •