Godspeed turbo inlet thoughts

This is a discussion on Godspeed turbo inlet thoughts within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Found out that the hose clamp on my stock one cut through and needs replaced, just wondering what thoughts are? ...

Godspeed turbo inlet thoughts

Found out that the hose clamp on my stock one cut through and needs replaced, just wondering what thoughts are? Just got married so money is tight haha, thanks in advance
    ...it takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Perrin. Godspeed sucks
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Ehhh I had the same problem. Replaced it with a godspeed imitation. It works. Under stock boost it SHOULDN'T collapse.
    Its not great, you get what you pay for... but its better than having a boost leak causing a lean condition then blowing your engine.

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2

i personally will recommend the perrin turbo inlet,install was easy with the intake manifold on, good quality as well never had a problem with it,in regards to god speed i have never tried the the turbo inlet,but fitment was horrible with there intercooler and there downpipe so i would assume the same would go with the turbo inlet, and imo that is one thing i would not like to have to deal with crappy fitment haha,good luck to you op in whatever you decide

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't recommend Godspeed. Perrin, as others have said, makes a good inlet that doesn't break the bank too badly.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I was just browsing and saw the Godspeed inlet. I am wondering what about the product exactly is poor? When comparing pictures it looks like any other silicone intake, probably because it is a copy with low r&d costs.

I just helped a friend install a Perrin inlet and all the vacuum fittings were plastic and a stuck out more than the OE fittings requiring new vacuum lines on two of them. Also the inlet was very squishy which made it easy to install but also made clear why people running high power are concerned with inlet collapse. Since the Perrin required some vacuum line modification I would expect the same from the Godspeed or other inlets.

The Godspeed inlet has all metal fittings (not required but a nice touch) and it is a little more than 1/4 the cost of the Perrin so it looks pretty attractive. I understand that Godspeed does not have a very good reputation but this part seems like something that is not that hard to build and in my case with stock TD04, airbox, and tune I don't need to be concerned with collapse.

Any thoughts on specific defects or faults?

I Support ClubWRX
    Perrin is a tough install due to the internal wire bracing. I'd suggest the Samco. I've had both.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

As it has seemed with most GodSpeed products I've personally seen, the discrepancies mainly involved fitment issues, not any sort of performance issues. This of course is in consideration to their 'simple' products; those not containing precision mechanisms or moving parts (Turbos...). That being said, their downpipes at times are made up of notably shanky metals, the holes on the mating surfaces were slightly off, or the provided gaskets weren't a direct fit. Once those reconcilable issues were addressed, to this day as I am aware, nothing has failed (catastrophically). With the inlet tubes, they are rigid as all . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Once most obstructions are removed though and connection ends are slightly heated, it sits in nicely and stays there.

The compromise with price I see with godspeed products is manifested in the increase in the time taken to install it, not necessarily the 'piece of mind' factor. Again, exception given to the turbos, which seem to require a long break in period accompanied with replacement seals.

I Support ClubWRX
    The cost reflects 3 things... Design, Materials, and Customer service. I bought the perrin and was happy.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

bought a godspeed turbo inlet due to breakage and at the time utter lack of funds. 15k on it under STOCK boost levels(and i dont work my turbo hard anyhoo) the only time i thought it was TI collapse it was my incorrectly gapped sparkplugs getting snuffed by the turbo's pressure. fixed gap, fixed problem. no issues at all and once you get the old intake out(i hacked mine to avoid pulling the intake)the only install problem was getting it over the turbo. the godspeed intake doesnt make the sideways 'jog' quite enough to just slip on. resolved this with rubbing alchahol and a very craftly bent coat hanger.

note. i also replaced my TIMC hoses with a mishimoto kit at the same time. glad i did too. no boost leak and or blowouts yet. also, no boost collapse or other drivability issues to report although i did mine as a repair, not a mod. if i was looking to turbo upgrade or tune for more boost from my td04 then Definitly perrin solid or samco.

and after some deeper reading and time on the club i dont think id consider anything else from them. maybe the little piece that connects the MAF to the inlet. 'post maf' i think. the hole fitment and quality thing comes up a Lot. Go Grimmspeed for timc hose kit. i would have if it was available when i did my up pipe.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob