2012 WRX LAGGING - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 WRX LAGGING within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I dont understand your statement?...

I dont understand your statement?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anything other than the stock intake is really just a noisemaker. I've read that the stock intake on these cars is good for up to 400hp.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Good to know thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Check out the link HERE for what the Cobb Stage 1 map does as one example [PDF link!].

You can see the torque curve is much steeper and smoother. This translates to more low-end grunt and much smoother acceleration. You might notice a bit better fuel economy as well, but your mileage will vary depending on location and driving style.
    I lose at least 1 MPG every fill up... boost became even more addicting =(

Quote Originally Posted by MY-WRX View Post
    So do you guys recommend a intake?
    As a first mod, there are better bang for you buck ways to go (Downpipe and a tune) but an intake with a downpipe and a protune isn't a bad path to start.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

So what would you guys recommend for the first tune? What I mean is the best path with least vested?

Quote Originally Posted by MY-WRX View Post
    So what would you guys recommend for the first tune? What I mean is the best path with least vested?
    Stage 1 tune witout adding any parts is the most cost efficient, I did that. If I were to do it again, with my goal in mind, (which might be different than yours), I would do a downpipe and stage 2 tune, then work on suspension.
    Stink eye mob #727

but without a tune any engine mods are useless. So cobb AP or tactix or rom raider to get you started then say catback or down pipe/turbo back.

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    but without a tune any engine mods are useless. So cobb AP or tactix or rom raider to get you started then say catback or down pipe/turbo back.
    Just to add...the stock catback is also good to 400 whp. So its basically a noise maker mod like the intake. Nothing wrong with that though
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    Yes. I would skip the accessPORT and go the protune route. If you wanted, after that purchase a tactrix cable and romraider for logging. Do the downpipe first if cost is a factor, than a cat back later on, no retuning is necessary with a cat back
    Stink eye mob #727

JD I am assuming that is your ride in your post pic???? What kind of front lip do you have?

Well because of warranty issues I would prob go with a cobb AP.... RIGHT?

Either route can lead to warranty work being denied. If you are worried about your warranty, I would stay away from engine mods.

What about if I was to lower the car I cant see that affecting warranty

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Yes. I would skip the accessPORT and go the protune route. If you wanted, after that purchase a tactrix cable and romraider for logging. Do the downpipe first if cost is a factor, than a cat back later on, no retuning is necessary with a cat back
    Skip the pro-tune. Its only Stage 1. Even basic Stage 2 doesn't warrant a pro-tune. Get a Torqued Performance tune. Eric will read your logs and adjust appropriately. The best $85 you'll spend on your car. Period
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.