Perrin CAI HELP! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Perrin CAI HELP! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Figures. Start with that.Code?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Figures.

Start with that.Code?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry I thought you asked if I had a Cell like a phone number..... What is a CEL

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol,no worries.

CEL=Check Engine Light.Like,are the dash lights flashing like a Christmas tree?

If not,don't worry about it.Either get a tune or take the CAI off.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I took it off. I was going to get a cobb AP tuner but it is $600 any other good cheaper options?

I Support ClubWRX
    Like I mentioned above.If you have a laptop with Windows you can go the Tactrix & TP route,which is cheaper & probably better.

But I would seriously suggest you read up before you do whatever you plan on doing.

Also be aware about warranty related issues before flashing your ECU.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Is this your only mechanical mod? I mean intake only? No other mods? Exhaust? The website does say it will run safely on a stock car. No modifications are required. I love Perrin parts but the website statement is universal. May work in different climates, conditions, etc... Put back on your stock intake and go have your CEL read and cleared if possible. Good news is you haven't messed with factory tune (I hope). If there is a problem you are probably still covered. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Thats what I am worried about, maybe I should just leave it alone

No that was my only mod I will have the CEL ready and cleared. I put the stock back on and no codes or check engine lights are on.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Like I mentioned above.If you have a laptop with Windows you can go the Tactrix & TP route,which is cheaper & probably better.

But I would seriously suggest you read up before you do whatever you plan on doing.

Also be aware about warranty related issues before flashing your ECU.
    This will be your most cost effective route with results from what I've read the Tactrix-TP route will cost $250-$350 depending on the prices you find. I went the AP route only because of plug and play, had it on past cars, but it is quite expensive. Had I done more research I probably would of went the Tactrix-TP way. It seems intimidating but there are plenty of people on this site and others that could help you. If warranty is an issue for ya there other chassis mods you can do that will be rewarding as well. Good luck and enjoy.

I looked at the Tactrix-TP how do you get them to the car from computer ? and what other chassis mods could I do?

Quote Originally Posted by MY-WRX View Post
    I looked at the Tactrix-TP how do you get them to the car from computer ? and what other chassis mods could I do?
    OPENSOURCE TUNING: Your questions answered here!!! RomRaider + Tactrix

If you are looking to save money buy a tactrix cable and a torqued performance map from:
    Torqued Performance
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

im having the same problem man what did you end up doing?

Zombie-thread:

I know perrin says you don't need a tune, and this might be true, but I needed one when it was my only mod (besides the forge BPV). Get yourself an opensource tune, or the cobb AP (perrin sells them too, with a tune for their CAI on it iirc). Or you can talk to Eric at Torqued Performance. All are good options - some cheaper than others.

While you might not NEED a tune, the car runs better with one. This makes me think that ... well... you NEED a tune.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12