The dealership is killing me.

This is a discussion on The dealership is killing me. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, my build has to be put on hold for a while. My car has been plagued with some expensive ...

The dealership is killing me.

Well, my build has to be put on hold for a while. My car has been plagued with some expensive problems. She WAS running like a champion but i noticed some smoke coming from the hood here and there nothing too crazy. I brought it to the dealership thinking it was just a CV boot leaking grease on my DP. WRONG! It was an external head gasket leak. Power steering rack and pinion boots were ripped also. so i had the dealer replace all the gaskets and seals, spark plugs, and rack and pinion boots. 2000 dollars! ouch. but get this, when the work was done they gave it back to me with a check engine light on! I was like what the hell and the technician ran the code scanner, turns out he forgot to plug the knock sensor back in when he reinstalled the motor. Whatever, so i get my car back and drive it for a day, she was driving real nice and smooth and then all of a sudden it starts jerking real hard, engine cutting on and off and CEL flashing. I hate my life. It happens again later in the day and i brought it to the dealer. They had it for 2 days and then they called me and said that it could be the ECU or the Ignition relay switch, they weren't sure and they were going to have to call the technician hotline. What kind of crap is that!! anyways they still havnt got back to me. My subaru is turning into a money pit! Should i tell them to fix it for free since it was fine until they did all the work on the motor? they arent charging me for the diagnostic they are performing now. I called them and they said they are waiting to hear back from the technician hotline.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, ask them to fix it for free. They might do it, but even if they don't they might still find it humourous.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    2k for that? Jesus... I bet that's at most 300-400 in parts. Eff a whole bunch of that noise.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    2000 is a lot of money for all that but i imagine most is labor
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I know, i weighed the options of trying to do the work myself but i dont have all the proper equipment to do that kind of work and i probably would have messed it up. I am in the military so i definitely dont have the time and on top of it my wife went into premature labor and my son was born 3 months early so he is in intensive care. i pretty much live at the hospital. When it rains it pours.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by deepseastetson View Post
    I know, i weighed the options of trying to do the work myself but i dont have all the proper equipment to do that kind of work and i probably would have messed it up. I am in the military so i definitely dont have the time and on top of it my wife went into premature labor and my son was born 3 months early so he is in intensive care. i pretty much live at the hospital. When it rains it pours.
    It certainly does man, hope things make a turn for the better for you soon.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by deepseastetson View Post
    Thats quite a lot at once
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

They still have my car. The "technician hotline" sent the dealer some wiring schematics to go through. They told be it was going to be a lengthy process to troubleshoot all the wiring. I bet they pinched a wire or something when reinstalling the motor. Well it's been like 3 weeks since I first brought it in. I miss my car.

I'm sorry to hear about your car man, I hope everything gets resolved quickly and efficiently for you, if not. Call Subaru of America.

I hate to say it but, it seems like whenever you take your Subaru to the dealership you ALWAYS have to double check their work. Sad really =/

OK i got my car back today, after days of electrical troubleshooting it was a pinched wire under the intake or something. They didnt charge me anything and the service manager gave me a personal apology.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good news man!
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Good stuff, glad it worked out.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..