For 2008-2012 WRX's only. Post your opinion on your intake experience. - Page 3

View Poll Results: What type of intake do you have?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • APC

0 0%
  • AEM

19 19.59%
  • Cobb

40 41.24%
  • K&N

14 14.43%
  • Cosworth

1 1.03%
  • Perrin

10 10.31%
  • Other (please specify)

13 13.40%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on For 2008-2012 WRX's only. Post your opinion on your intake experience. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah, I noticed in some pics that the filter sizes are quite significant. I think some people buy the AEM ...

Yeah, I noticed in some pics that the filter sizes are quite significant. I think some people buy the AEM intake and get a filter that's bigger around don't they? I'm not sure if it equates to more CFM or not though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Yeah, I noticed in some pics that the filter sizes are quite significant. I think some people buy the AEM intake and get a filter that's bigger around don't they? I'm not sure if it equates to more CFM or not though.
    You won't get a bigger filter on for the AEM. Part of the filter is already touching the fender liner. I'm sure it provides plenty enough air for the size of the intake pipe and stock turbo inlet.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    You won't get a bigger filter on for the AEM. Part of the filter is already touching the fender liner. I'm sure it provides plenty enough air for the size of the intake pipe and stock turbo inlet.

Size of the filter itself means squat unless the engine is trying to suck in more air than the filter can actually flow. And since that would require insane amounts of power, for 99% of us, the size means nothing

To the OP, I have the Cobb Intake and I love it. Nice sound, looks very clean in the engine bay, and a well made unit. Definitely noticed better throttle response, better low-midrange torque, and a bit more top end HP. Also running Erics TP Stage 2 with a catless downpipe.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    I have the K&N typhoon. I love the sound and I feel a big differance in throttle response. No difference in gas milage. Would buy it again. And my car is stage 1 tuned spesifficly for the kn filter

I run the Perrin CAI. I did notice a slight difference but nothing major. It always just made sense to me to run this mod to match up with the TBE from Perrin. I run a CAI in my 2011 Dodge Ram Hemi as well and that to me is more noticeable. 2 different worlds there though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123