Crawford AOS instead of the GS AOS?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Crawford AOS instead of the GS AOS? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The GrimmSpeed AOS has done very well keeping the TMIC clean as a whistle, however, there have been concerns about ...

I Support ClubWRX

Crawford AOS instead of the GS AOS?

The GrimmSpeed AOS has done very well keeping the TMIC clean as a whistle, however, there have been concerns about the GS AOS and hard cornering. I'd like to participate in a few autox events this year and possible a track day as well.

I'm disappointed in GrimmSpeed's response to this thread on another popular Subaru forum.

I have just ordered the Crawford and should have in a week or so. I'll be sure and post up my impressions of a rather pricey, but by all accounts a top notch system for the enthusiast. I haven't installed anything new recently - the mod bug never stops biting.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Easily the longest time between ordering and installing.

I finally installed the Crawford yesterday. It met my expectations for the most part. The "can", its welding and finish are nothing short of superb. The included accessories were somewhat lacking. Two of the hoses could have been a tad longer. I had to add an extension on one and a 1/2" to 5/8" adapter to fit on the Perrin turbo inlet hose.

Two rubber hose fitting caps were supposed to have been included - I only got one and it was the wrong size for what was needed. A screw with a few wraps of electrical tape plugged the bare fitting shown on the turbo inlet hose. The rubber cap I had on that fitting was needed for the breather hose just below the throttle body. This is shown in an older image (last one). The hose and the PCV assembly were eliminated.

The illustrated instructions could have been better. I think (hope) I correctly guessed at what was omitted. No indication of where to hook up the coolant lines.

No more cruise control. The AOS uses those mounting points. Fine with me as I rarely have chance to effectively use it. Note the new position for the horn. Haven't tried it yet. Time for Supertones?

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Looks good, nice install Bill!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Does this mean the grimmspeed AOS is for sale?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a grease smudge on the passenger side of the manifold it looks like. Slacker. Clean that engine bay up.

Just kidding. Looks clean and well done =).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    That horn is for the alarm, not for when the car is moving etc. You could just relocate it somewhere else and not worry about upgrading it, or you could even get fancy (people mount piezzo electric devices inside the cabin in an attempt to drive thieves mad for example).

I wonder if the device is designed with the later, drive by wire cars in mind, since it displaces the 2' throttle linkage for the cruise control.

Nice engine compartment.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    That horn is for the alarm, not for when the car is moving etc. You could just relocate it somewhere else and not worry about upgrading it, or you could even get fancy (people mount piezzo electric devices inside the cabin in an attempt to drive thieves mad for example).

I wonder if the device is designed with the later, drive by wire cars in mind, since it displaces the 2' throttle linkage for the cruise control.

Nice engine compartment.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Does this mean the grimmspeed AOS is for sale?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    There's a grease smudge on the passenger side of the manifold it looks like. Slacker. Clean that engine bay up.

Just kidding. Looks clean and well done =).
    No, it does need some attention. Perhaps this weekend ...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

Nice engine compartment.
    Did not know it was the alarm horn ... thanks!
    Mods & Pics

i actually changed out my gs aos to a moroso aos.

i didn't have any issues with daily driving, but just wanted to prepare for teh future.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good Bill!
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.