Good 2012 WRX mods??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Good 2012 WRX mods??? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do they use the same dyno though?...

Do they use the same dyno though?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What lokey said.

Banned
    What # was used..was it the SAE printout or STD printout that you got the high numbers..STD will show higher

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparehead3 View Post
    Could the dynos be over-rating the HP? Most definitely, but I'll keep posting my dyno chart and bragging until someone who knows calls me out.
    Fixed.

How about we do this? Your car and my car. Same dyno. If you put down more than me, I'll give you my damn car.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Fixed.

How about we do this? Your car and my car. Same dyno. If you put down more than me, I'll give you my damn car.
    lol

Be nice!! Poor guy... It's not his fault his tuner gave him bad numbers.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Fixed.

It doesn't seem like he's bragging to me. Let him be happy with his outrageous dyno numbers!
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Thanx - I just went through a lot of hoopla with my 2005 Toyota Matrix that had 2 cats. I had to get them both replaced with the proper parts under the correct executive order according to the CARB website. Problem with my car though is that the test group (the one with 2 cats) was not actually found on the site, so the tech didn't know what to do... he ended up passing it because the cats had the proper exec. order (193-89) for the only test groups that WERE listed. I still had to put my stock exh manifold back on because my headers weren't approved (anyMORE - but that's another story).

I'll stop hijacking this thread now and maybe we can continue via PM if necessary? I was just wondering if this was a no-hassle upgrade that wouldn't require me to swap parts back to stock (and thus another tune?) before smogging it in a few years. Just a lot of hassle and cost after 5 years, and legality is certainly questionable.
    Understood completely. The setup here in komifornia is the suckage to say the least. I will however be modding my Subie how I want to. I don't mind swapping the cats on and off as it is very easy to do when you have access to lifts and tools In terms of the tune, Cobb AP allows for quick marriage and divorce from what I understand. When I had my Z, I had a company in Austarlia design a quick disconnect for my GReddy E-Manage Ultimate so that come smog time, it was two screws, the thing disconnected and the stock wiring harness was plugged back it. It's the little things like that which makes modding in Cali easier.
    2012 Subaru WRX WR Blue Pearl - Stock (for now)
    1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo - 547whp and 538ft Torque - Sold

lol

To many tuners giving out too many inflated unrealistic numbers. I was on another site guy was saying how he is making 320whp345wtq on a 2008 with an intake and turboback exhaust. If a tuner is willing to throw crazy numbers at you, can you really trust him to throw a safe tune at you?

I Support ClubWRX
    lol

True. I'll tone it down. ....But it is his fault for believing it, to the point of even standing behind and defending such numbers to those who know better. 17.5psi on a VF52 gives you 333whp?! Yes!! LMAO
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

True. I'll tone it down. ....But it is his fault for believing it, to the point of even standing behind and defending such numbers to those who know better. 17.5psi on a VF52 gives you 333whp?! Yes!! LMAO
    Agreed. And those green lines should be a red flag, yeah? I would have raised eyebrows as soon as the tuner said that he's never seen a stock WRX with those readings.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

I Support ClubWRX
    Those green lines are his own fault/creation -- TBE on stock tune. New England Subaru Forums - View Single Post - Sparehead3's WRX bit-by-bit
    Last edited by lokey; 04-13-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: My bad: DP is not catless.

Greg

Build Thread

Those green lines are his own fault/creation -- Catless DP/TBE on stock tune. New England Subaru Forums - View Single Post - Sparehead3's WRX bit-by-bit
    Ahhh yes I guess it makes more sense (except the numbers) being as one drives the car to the tuner with new parts installed.

I can't tell you why those numbers are what they are- I'm not a tuner, I'm just a guy with a 2012 WRX that wanted the ECU to play nice with the mods I had added for me.

I too was surprised at those numbers, and I was personally expecting much lower. I would certainly be interested in a "second opinion" dyno run... Maybe in the summer- I'm thinking of heading down the coast for a (work related) road trip and I'll be passing through Maryland. I'll PM you here in the forums when I get dates (regardless of the results, you keep your car and I'll keep mine).

btw, the first run (green line) wasn't all stock- just stock ECU mapping. The Invidia exhaust, AEM intake and DeatschWerks DW65C fuel pump were installed the day before the tune.

Those green lines are his own fault/creation -- TBE on stock tune. New England Subaru Forums - View Single Post - Sparehead3's WRX bit-by-bit
    Yes-- you found my car. Like I said, the parts were installed the day before the tune- Had to get them installed on Friday then head to the dyno on Saturday. Was tough keeping myself from going into boost on the highway at 1am for the ride home... The drive to the dyno was all sub-45mph backroads so it wasn't a problem.

What if those are crank numbers? That would make sense... Maybe the dyno was inflating for that? (Or is that exactly what SAE vs STD numbers are?)

I dunno - I don't even have my car yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.