Subaru WRX Forum banner

exoticspeed r1-t exhaust question.

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Ramathorn15 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I just came across an awesome deal on an exoticspeed r1-t catback (this one to be exact ExoticSpeed ).

My question is, will this fit my 2012 wrx (non sti)? also does anyone know if it will bolt up to the stock dp as well as a invidia catted dp (plan on getting one soon)?

Thanks for helping a newb wrxer out :)

#2 ·
This is a perfect opportunity to test out whether you are even interested in the part.

Ask them directly those specific questions. Gauge the level of detail and delay in their response carefully before any money changes hands. Buy the maker and vendor, not just the product. If they don't have answers or won't bother providing any, I suggest looking elsewhere. If they do and seem interested in the customer - seller relationship, that is a positive first step.

#3 ·
thanks for the quick response. By "great deal" I meant that I found a hardly used one near me that a guy took off before selling his sti. I asked him about it but he didn't know for sure. I did email the company but its after hours now so it will probably be a while till I get a response. I was just going to see if anyone on here had an idea (I trust real people over most companies).

#4 ·
I am not absolutely certain about this but from what I have read somewhere once,the 2008-2010 STI hatch exhaust will fit the 2011/2012 WRX hatch.But the same exhaust will not fit the 2011/2012 WRXsedan.

#10 ·
Got the cbe and it fit very well. This exhaust is awesome. I wasn't look for anything too loud and this one is perfect. It has no highway drone at all and actually sounds stock at idle but when your reving or wot it has that awsome boxer sound. I would actually recommend it over the invidia q 300 for someone looking for a conservative cbe.

Heres a link to my demonstration video if anyone is interested. It sounds a lot louder than it actually is in the video though.
Exoticspeed R1-T CBE on a 2012 WRX 5 door - YouTube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.