Top Speed Pro1 Exhaust Question:

This is a discussion on Top Speed Pro1 Exhaust Question: within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First off, has anybody ever used/heard of this company before? I drive a 2011 WRX hatch and have been itching ...

Top Speed Pro1 Exhaust Question:

First off, has anybody ever used/heard of this company before? I drive a 2011 WRX hatch and have been itching to do SOMEthing since I upgraded my stereo when I first got the car. (excluding hella supertones)

On their website, www.topspeedauto.com, they show two catback exhausts, (both listed for the STI, but I believe that will work?) one stainless steel and another titanium. I'm looking at the SS, which they sell for $700, $630 if you contact them through facebook.

I live in the Dallas area so I'm going to stop by their shop pretty soon, but wanted to get somebody's opinion first.

My question: Has anybody heard or know somebody who has used this exhaust or done business with this company?

I have been researching and can only find sound clips of non-turbo Impreza's using any product from Top Speed Pro1. I want to get an idea of what it will sound like before I buy anything. I love the sound of the Invidia Q300, but it's hard for me to convince myself to spend that much on a catback exhaust. The one these guys are selling looks nice and their products (for other cars) all seem to get good reviews.

Thanks for any responses ahead of time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyways, wait to their shop today to "check out" the exhaust. Looked sweet. Talked them down to an awesome price. Bought it.

I'll be installing it this weekend and will be making a video that I'll post on here if anybody is interested, also will post some pictures. (if not in the video)

Should have got the Ti one they sell on eBay for $2600 Lol

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Should have got the Ti one they sell on eBay for $2600 Lol
    Hahah, the invidia q300 was on the line for me price wise, I couldn't imagine spending $2600 for an exhaust!

Installed the exhaust yesterday, had a little bit of trouble getting the tips to align but after an hour I gave up. Will be fixing it soon.
    Other than that I am loving it! Very deep and really rumbles. A little loud on the highway but I wouldn't say that it drones.

Here is a link to the video: 2011 WRX Top Speed Pro1 Exhaust - YouTube

bringing an old post to the light again. I'm interested in the exhaust. so far this is the deepest tone I have heard on the wrx's any new info or maybe a vid of inside the car at varying speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    bringing an old post to the light again. I'm interested in the exhaust. so far this is the deepest tone I have heard on the wrx's any new info or maybe a vid of inside the car at varying speeds?
    Wow crazy getting an email regarding this thread! I swapped out the exhaust for the TurboXS gt quite a while ago. The fitment on the topspeed exhaust was just plain awful. It wasn't just how it was installed but actually how the entire exhaust was built. After trying out three (yes three) different topspeed exhausts we concluded it was in fact a manufacture's defect.

Sounded AWESOME, but it did drone a lot on the highway. Even if they corrected the exhaust and it did align correctly the tips were sunken back and just not very robust looking like I wanted. The TurboXS is a much more "sophisticated" looking and sounding exhaust, I'm loving it