results of a mechanic looking at my engine

This is a discussion on results of a mechanic looking at my engine within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys remember how i was getting misfires and the car wasnt performing well and it didnt go over 5500 ...

results of a mechanic looking at my engine

hey guys remember how i was getting misfires and the car wasnt performing well
    and it didnt go over 5500 rpm well took it to a mechanic and cylinder number 4 piston
    has killed it self and according to the mechanic pieces of the piston are in the motor now.
    so 6000 total for labor and parts for him to rebuild it, i might just get a brand new engine
    ,but it will all be covered by my extended warranty wich i purchased through usaa all except 1000 of it
    wich to me is no problem, so i just wanted to let you guys know that apparently that has been my issue all along

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That would certainly cause problems. A new motor would definitely cost you far less than $6k.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

agreed im sure thats what the insurance company will decide to do either way im glad,if its rebuilt or a brand new motor at least im going to have a really healthy motor