Cobb short ram intkae and Access Port

This is a discussion on Cobb short ram intkae and Access Port within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought the Cobb tuning short ram intake and the access port for my 09 wrx. Just wanted to see ...

Cobb short ram intkae and Access Port

Just bought the Cobb tuning short ram intake and the access port for my 09 wrx. Just wanted to see if anyone else this setup and what their thoughts were. These are the only 2 mods I have so far and the parts will be in next week sometime. Let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bat
    the stage 1+ tune will give you a tiny bit better gas mileage, at least thats what i've noticed. performance wise, is obviously better then completely stock but its not anything crazy.

You'll hear the turbo spool a little more as well as the BPV will be more audible. Your power band will also be smoother...but as bat says, nothing insane. Enjoy it for a little while and then pick up a downpipe and go Stage 2
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    When you need a downpipe let me know

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

This might sound like a dumb question but what does stage 2 consist of?

I Support ClubWRX
    For a Cobb off the shelf map, it consists of a downpipe (theirs), and a catback exhaust(theirs). These parts are guaranteed to work with the map they provide. You can install other brands, but they may not work as well.

If you have a tuner give your car a custom tune, you don't have to buy the Cobb-branded stuff. Custom tunes cost more, (average around $300 for an in-shop tune), but are worth it to get the most out of the parts you have.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson