narrowing my issue down help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on narrowing my issue down help within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys its me again, so im narrowing my issue down i have only 2 cels1for egt sensor wich is ...

narrowing my issue down help

hey guys its me again, so im narrowing my issue down i have only 2 cels1for egt sensor wich is not installed because the car has sti uppipe,so my issue is at 5000 rpms its like it hits a wall wont go futher if im light on the throttle it will make it to 6, if i full throttle it,its like it hits the wall at whatever rpm i start flooring it but its much more violent under wot, so i looked around the bay and i noticed it has pink injectors did some research and found out those are sti injectors now my car is an 04 wrx and is not tuned for sti injectors it just has the oem ecu, now from research sti injectors are 565 cc wrx injectors are 440cc would these bigger sti injectors cause this issue, like its hitting fuel cut because the ecu says add this much fuel but it adds more because there bigger? let me know what you think thanks a ton guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry but it is very difficult to read your post because it's a run-on.

You said you have 2 CELs and explained what one of them is. Fix it.

What is the other CEL?

What you describe does sound like fuel cut but then again, you say you are not tuned for the pink injectors. How do you know this?

Get tuned.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

oh im really sorry this laptop sucks, the other cel is for running to rich, because its oem ecu no accessport or anything, and no tuner is close by but i did order the right injectors the regular wrx ones, does it sound like the sti injectors are the cause of my problem?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kornkid21792 View Post
    oh im really sorry this laptop sucks, the other cel is for running to rich, because its oem ecu no accessport or anything, and no tuner is close by but i did order the right injectors the regular wrx ones, does it sound like the sti injectors are the cause of my problem?
    I don't know. Nobody changes injectors alone, and nobody runs injectors without a tune. Did you buy the car after someone modded it, put it back to stock, and sold it? In any case the car needs to be mapped. Whoever does that can pull a couple logs too to see what's going on.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sorry but it is very difficult to read your post because it's a run-on.
    +1 If you can't take the time to use punctuation and capitalization, then I can't take the time to answer your post. And I certainly have no interest in getting a headache from trying to read what you wrote. Sorry!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yup, get tuned. The uppipe EGT sensor CEL should be disabled by all modern tuning options, so it seems untuned.

Bigger injectors are going to cause excessive rich conditions, which can be very bad.

Fuel cut should be a separate issue - you are overboosting I think. Is there a manual boost controller?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

lol no doubt the grammar was horrible please accept my apologies, boost gauge says its hitting ten pounds,but what i would like to know is if a car is untuned with bigger injectors would it have these same symptoms?

I Support ClubWRX
    lol no doubt the grammar was horrible please accept my apologies, boost gauge says its hitting ten pounds,but what i would like to know is if a car is untuned with bigger injectors would it have these same symptoms?
    Potentially.

I Support ClubWRX
    If the boost gauge is correct that is not enough.

As SD_GR asked, what is the other CEL? If untuned your injectors should show enough correction required to the fuel trims to trigger an A/F out of range CEL. I'm not sure if that would put you in limp mode but if so that would possibly cause the symptoms. My car has never been in limp mode, but I think all kinds of stuff is flashing at you by that point.

Could also be a fuel filter/fuel pump type issue.

the other cel is p0172

I Support ClubWRX
    the other cel is p0172
    That could be a problem with a BOV if the car has one, the MAF, or a genuine fueling problem (including such mundane things as the fuel pressure regulator). Still, I would tune the car for the injectors.

no bov, brand new maf sensor, no tuner close by so i just ordered some wrx injectors

I Support ClubWRX
    If the car is stock and you installed larger injectors it is going to easily over fuel the cylinder. You need to install the oem injectors, you can also search on here how to modify the electrical connector where the oem egt sensor was plugged in at so the code wont come up any longer.

What modifications are done to the car currently?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

ya i ordered the oem injectors they are on the way and will be installed right away,easily overfuel and cause my issue?haha and ill search for that mod thank you, just a intake

I Support ClubWRX
    ya i ordered the oem injectors they are on the way and will be installed right away,easily overfuel and cause my issue?haha and ill search for that mod thank you, just a intake
    You might actually need the injectors that are in it now. It depends on what mods are done that you might not know about, i.e. turbo and how (if) it is tuned.

I think it would be money and time better spent to take it to a tuner and have them first off inform you of what all has been done to the car including potential tuning, and second off fix your problem (if it is the injectors they can just scale them). This is probably going to cost around the same as replacing the injectors but you will finally actually know what is going on and it has a much higher probability of actually fixing the issue(s). Plus you could use those injectors if you want to do something in the future even if they aren't needed now.

My concern is usually no one will do the injectors unless they are doing the turbo. Maybe they slapped a stock turbo back on and your setup is all buggered around. I.e. injector swapping is unlikely to sort this whole thing out for you - it is a total shot in the dark and could make you dangerously lean instead if the car is tuned for the injectors that are in it now.

Just because it is the OEM ECU does not imply that the car is not tuned - they are reflashed regularly by tuners.
    Last edited by mycologist; 09-21-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast