Ebay turbos?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ebay turbos? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have recently been looking at a turbo upgrade. I want to get a big 16g turbo or a 18g ...

Ebay turbos?

I have recently been looking at a turbo upgrade. I want to get a big 16g turbo or a 18g turbo probably a 16g. With this i am going to upgrade the injectors, fuel pump, new TMIC and have a cobb accessport with stage 2 setup. Not sure if ebay is the way to go. Here is a "Godspeed turbo" on ebay is it really a godspeed? Open to other ideas but want to get a powerful cheap turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Powerful and cheap don't go together.

Reliable and cheap don't go together either.

Unless you're buying a brand name turbocharger off of ebay, I would not utilize ebay for their turbochargers. Buying a $200 turbo off ebay is not going to be the quality that you want.

First, what kind of power are you looking at? I would state that if you're looking for a brand new turbocharger, look in the realm of $900+ for a new turbocharger of a larger size that you're needing.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i would never buy an turbo off of ebay.

also, you cannot under any circumstance use a cobb stage 2 map with an upgraded turbo, injectors, fuel pump, etc.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Not going to use a stage 2 map gonna create a new map or going to get a pro tune but i am looking to get my car to anywhere from 285whp -300whp. Just don't know what turbo to get. The lower the spool the better!

Ebay turbo or Godspeed are all crap, chinese made knockoffs that have really cheap internal components. You should not cheap out on something that spins at 100K RPMs (i.e. a turbo trubine). You get what you pay for. For turbos look to Blouch, FP, Garrett.

Ya i see what you mean, suggestions on what the best thing compared to a 16g or 18g turbo would be and what brand is best for the $?

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by danecs View Post
    Ya i see what you mean, suggestions on what the best thing compared to a 16g or 18g turbo would be and what brand is best for the $?
    Both models would do the job for you. You can check out Blouch for their 16Gs. I may be able to get them through Perrin but I gotta find out for sure.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

+1 for Blouch.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

Ok so I am looking at the 16g xt blouch turbo. Do i need to do a new IC? If so what would you suggest, I wanna do a TMIC if needed.

Also I am getting an after market exhaust, this is the only thing i am going cheap on(Ebay) but i think i will be fine, i also am gonna get ebay headers with an up-pipe here is a link to the headers/up-pipe and the exhaust. Will the ebay way on the exhaust be fine?
    Last edited by danecs; 09-04-2011 at 01:29 PM.

I think what everone is saying is STAY OFF EBAY.. Those parts do not work. The headers will crack. Your turbo will not spool. You will be stranded some place. If name brand companies can not get their headers to stop cracking. Ebay is not going to be any better, But worse...

You have a metric ton of reading to do. Stay off ebay and start reading. Your not going to get your target whp with a 2.0 and where you live. That type of whp takes a lot more then a turbo. Your oem manifolds will work just fine. Replace the uppipe with a quality unit to get that cat out before that fails and pops your 2.0 in itself.
    2006 wrX

For a 16G-XT you will need an upgraded injectors at least 650cc injectors (more if you plan E85), a large TMIC, fuel pump (needed for added flow), and a quality custom tune.

TMIC - Spearco, Process West, APS, Perrin, TurboXS
    FP - Detchwerkz 300LP (DW), Walbro 255 (the DW pump is suppose to be real quiet)
    Injectors - DW 750ccs would be my choice (give you a little head room); for E85 850ccs or larger

Basically, now is time to find an EXPERIENCED tuner who knows how to tune and build WRXs/STis, consult w/him before you purchase anything, and do what he recommends.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Blouch 16g-XT, and a Process West TMIC (Samco hoses).. DW 650cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, brand name uppipe and TBE (Invidia is cheap), and a pro tune.

Just notice this Rallysport has an open box 16G XT for $887.....

Open Box! TD05-16GXT - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx
    TMIC - Spearco, Process West, APS, Perrin, TurboXS
    FP - Detchwerkz 300LP (DW), Walbro 255 (the DW pump is suppose to be real quiet)
    Injectors - DW 750ccs would be my choice (give you a little head room); for E85 850ccs or larger
    I see little reason to buy 650cc injectors; 750s are only $40-50 more and are much easier to sell if you went back to stock or upgraded.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ok so I do the complete upgrade say, I get 750cc DW, 300 lph-DW, complete exhaust, new tmic- not sure on brand yet, and a 16g xt turbo. What should my whp be with a protune(around)? If i jumped to 850cc and a 18g xt what would the whp be?

And i am on a stock tranny, planning on keeping it that way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast