Flowmaster cat back?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Flowmaster cat back? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been researching cat back systems non stop & am gonna order by tonight. I thought i was set on ...

Flowmaster cat back?

I've been researching cat back systems non stop & am gonna order by tonight. I thought i was set on the invidia N1 street but it might be a little too loud. I found this flowmaster & it seems quieter. Anyone have experience with the flowmaster? Or is the invidia not that loud in person? Need a little push from you guys to make a decision.
    Stink eye mob #669

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any N1 (huge fartcan style exhaust) is going to be very loud. Also, that slant look is just horrible IMHO. Flowmaster....? you do not have an American V8.

Go with a proven exhaust designed specifically by a company that knows Subaru's:

Invidia Q300
    Borla
    TurboXS
    Maddad
    Nameless Performance.

Those are some good quality exhausts. Cheaping out now will only require to purchase again. Do not rush, do some research and buy quality the first time. IMO Nameless Performance has some great stuff and VERY affordable, if I had an 08+ WRX/STI that is what I would go with.

http://namelessperformance.com/products/subaru

I'm going more by sound than price. You would recommend the invidia q300 over the N1?
    Stink eye mob #669

Ok here it is......turboxs or invidia q300?
    Stink eye mob #669

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Invidia's quality is top knotch in my opinion.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Put well you dont have an american muscle car Flowmaster is not made for imports like the subaru. I personally think Invidia makes the best exhaust on the market there is no one better. But like i said thats my opnion. I paid 1100 for my 3" Invidia
    Full turbo back exhaust. Its loud yeah with the 4" muffler but thats the subie rumble everyone loves. I removed the resonator now its even raspier i think its sounds awesome heres a few vids of it. Oh and dont go cheap on exhaust you get exactly what you pay for.

‪Drive by 2005 subaru wrx‬‏ - YouTube

‪2005 Subaru Wrx resonator Delete‬‏ - YouTube

‪Subaru Invidia Exhausts Sound mean‬‏ - YouTube
    Last edited by wrx1986; 08-01-2011 at 09:00 PM.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ctfireman, you have a PM.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Q300 it is.....ordering. Thanks guys.
    Stink eye mob #669

Ordered.
    Stink eye mob #669

Good choice, Q300 is nice and ungodly loud like the N1.

[QUOTE=c2bcoolwrx;2782361]Any N1 (huge fartcan style exhaust) is going to be very loud. Also, that slant look is just horrible IMHO. Flowmaster....? you do not have an American V8.

The exhaust I think ctfireman is talking about is actually a TBX Hushpower. Made by flowmaster specifically for the subarus and I have to agree with him they do sound good.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.