2011's are way too quiet!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011's are way too quiet! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I have had my car for 3 days now and Love everything about it, close to 500miles and ...

2011's are way too quiet!

Ok so I have had my car for 3 days now and Love everything about it, close to 500miles and I'll put a good 200 on this weekend.

Handling is just ok, I'm sure I will definatly change some thing in the near future.

Power is Fine I'm happy with it for now..

My biggest thing is the turbo. I have read posts etc, but Damn reason people buy turbo cars is too hear it spool up and the nice little swoosh from the BPV.

So my question is what are my options?

I have read BOV or not a good idea etc. Any BPV aftermarket that increase the sounds? even worth the $200+

Removing the instake siliencer on the new ones help at all?

Ok need idea's and opinions. Not going do anything stupid to get the sound, I just need some options.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    One way you can get the sound you are looking for is by adding a Short ram intake like the Cobb.But you would need a tune or AP.There is a link to a review by another member & a link to a video in the thread in my sig.

Also if you are looking for sound,maybe get an axleback like the Nameless which costs about $300 & makes the car sound way better.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Although an intake is not necessary for your mods, you can hear the turbo better. BUT if you get an intake make sure you tune for it.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    Damn reason people buy turbo cars is too hear it spool up and the nice little swoosh from the BPV.
    I bought a turbo car for the power and ability to mod. I personally could care less about the sound
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    There are few out there that feel the same as you, especially the teenage kids driving 02-03 or 04-05 out here in colorado. They have a stock wrx with a vta bov for the sound
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Well I don't need need the Huge Sound but would be nice to hear the turbo spool and BVP a bit at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    One way you can get the sound you are looking for is by adding a Short ram intake like the Cobb.But you would need a tune or AP.There is a link to a review by another member & a link to a video in the thread in my sig.

Also if you are looking for sound,maybe get an axleback like the Nameless which costs about $300 & makes the car sound way better.
    Tony I ordered the Nameless last night, If I do stage 1 I'm thinking the AEM not too sure yet. I kinda want to enjoy the car a bit after the break in before doing stage 1, only 500miles on it now, So i haven;t had it above 4k.

The best way to be able to hear the turbo and bpv is to get an intake, but with an intake you need a tune.

So you could either do a Cobb AP + AEM intake or Cobb intake, or another intake + protune.

Replacing the stock bpv, for you, is not olny a waste of money, but it won't yield you the results you want.

You'll absolutely love the Nameless axle back, it's a great product.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Don't worry about hearing the turbo...feeling the turbo kick in is much more satisfying. To that end, get a catback or go full on turbo back + tune i.e. ‪2011 WRX - Stage 2 - COBB Downpipe, SPT Exhaust‬‏ - YouTube

all kinds of good sounds.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    Tony I ordered the Nameless last night, If I do stage 1 I'm thinking the AEM not too sure yet. I kinda want to enjoy the car a bit after the break in before doing stage 1, only 500miles on it now, So i haven;t had it above 4k.
    Absolutely,wait till after the break in to do the mods.Looks like at this rate that won't take you too long.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I know I'm trying to find a excuse to Drive for work every chance I get lol. I was thinking of taking a small road trip to the lake this weekend about 3 hours away just to go and get miles, I don't even own a boat

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    There are few out there that feel the same as you, especially the teenage kids driving 02-03 or 04-05 out here in colorado. They have a stock wrx with a vta bov for the sound
    I have a BOV just for the sound.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm lovin this guy's videos. Nameless exhaust & COBB SRI with AP

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Yea Tony I have checked out most of his Vids on Youtube. Sucks cause so many thing to do and it adds up $$$$ really fast. right now looking at tint and clear bra and getting quotes for 1k for both. is our paint really that bad???? I put 18k in 7 months on my old kia, it was black and was highway miles and had normal wear and tear nothing too bad to need paint. So right nwo I'm at a crossroad on what I'm doing after the exhaust.

I got the catback exhaust. I love its sound and I like feeling the turbo. Get the catback...worth double the cost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.