jerking at 5000 rpm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on jerking at 5000 rpm within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys so i have 04 wrx 70000 miles only mod is an intake, this problem developed recently, if i ...

jerking at 5000 rpm

hey guys so i have 04 wrx 70000 miles only mod is an intake, this problem developed recently, if i drive part throttle over 5000 rpm its fine,but if i full throttle it once it gets to 5000 the car jerks and wont go any further,i push in the clutch and its fine again, can cruise normally but then again if punch it it just jerks and wont go past 5000 rpm again, i tried to do searching saw some threads saying the ecu tune from subaru sucks?any ideas guys thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

04 WRX tunes aren't really known for being bad.

Sounds like your clutch is slipping.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Could be your boost controller solenoid to be honest. If it was a slipping clutch, you would be revving fast and accelerating oddly.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Maybe boost cut? Just a thought
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

why,would it boost,cut im only showing ten pounds at full throttle

Is your CEL functional? i.e. do you see it light up briefly when you turn the key to the on position? You're not experiencing fuel cut because of over boost if you're only seeing 10 psi (assuming your gauge is accurate), but based on what you've said so far I'd guess it's fuel cut...for some reason.

Do you know anyone with a Tactrix cable so you can get a Learning View?
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

thanks again for all your replies i am so thankfull, you guys are much better then the honda crowd.ok so drove around about 40 miles after resetting the ecu, and a solid cel light came on so ill go get a code reader in about a hour and pull the code with a code reader,sadly i am in mt and we have utterly no tuners out here sucks alot,i think its deff fuel cut. engine is fine just driving normal wich makes me feel better,sorry if i sound stupid this my first subie and first turboed engine,
    Last edited by kornkid21792; 07-15-2011 at 09:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    List your mods. What was the code? Just because there is no tuner close by doesn't mean you can't get the proper Engine Management. You can easily use the Cobb Accessport or a Laptop with a Tactrix cable to flash a map to the car.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

so you think engine managment is the problem? only mod is a sri and the code was p0302 missfire cylinder 2

I Support ClubWRX
    You mentioned not having a tuner near by. Thats why I mentioned about the engine management. IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!! What intake do you have? Are you using 91 octane or higher?
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

thank you i did read that seems like most of that stuff id have to take a to a shop for
    i am using a spectre intake with spectre filter, i was using 93 then switched to 91 to see if that made a differnce with no success always using premium gas though

I Support ClubWRX
    The Spectre intake is junk and should be taken off. It is a 3" ID and the stock ID is 2.8".
    http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3223
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The Spectre intake is junk and should be taken off. It is a 3" ID and the stock ID is 2.8".
    CobbTuning.com - Aftermarket Intakes
    Wow, ~13% difference in area. Scary; goes a long way towards explaining the misfires.

OP, how long did you have the intake on before the problems arose?
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

i also now have p0137
    intakes been on for a very long time before problems arose

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.