AEM vs. Cobb intake system questions - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on AEM vs. Cobb intake system questions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by twister8008 Does anyone have experience with the spt Sri? In your photo you have a ~MY12 STi, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the spt Sri?
    In your photo you have a ~MY12 STi, SPT doesn't make a SRI for the MY08+ so, no one here would have experience with that. Now if your talking an older version, then excuse me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My tuner told me the AEM yielded the most gains so I went with his experience in the area. Nothing against the Cobb SRI because cobb makes fine products, but your tuner should be the one you talk to unless you are just doing a standard OTS map.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Okay so iv'e decided to go with AEM CAI because it has the best gains and also i'm not an idiot as suggested above so i should be fine with the whole hydro locking idea.
    12' WRB WRX sedan
    -Cobb Accessport- Stage 2
    -Invidia Catted DP W/Custom Catback
    -AEM CAI Intake
    -Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps

I Support ClubWRX
    Already added it to the mod list huh, your quick lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_yfz View Post
    Okay so iv'e decided to go with AEM CAI because it has the best gains and also i'm not an idiot as suggested above so i should be fine with the whole hydro locking idea.
    good choice
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Quote Originally Posted by nopistons93 View Post
    Already added it to the mod list huh, your quick lol.
    haha you bet
    12' WRB WRX sedan
    -AEM CAI Intake

Being a newb I bought a CAI and after a couple of weeks with it installed my check engine light came on. I was on the highway in cruise control and my car went into “safe mode”. After a quick scan at the dealer (after the stock intake was put back on of course) I found out my car was running too lean. Does anyone know at what ATF ratio your car goes into safe mode? Also as I am new what is a good ATF when tuning?

I am assuming that since my car was running lean and it went into “safe mode” it would be hard to damage the engine by running a CAI on a stock tune….

Any input would be appreciated. – Also I drive a 2011 STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyZX6R View Post
    Being a newb I bought a CAI and after a couple of weeks with it installed my check engine light came on. I was on the highway in cruise control and my car went into “safe mode”. After a quick scan at the dealer (after the stock intake was put back on of course) I found out my car was running too lean. Does anyone know at what ATF ratio your car goes into safe mode? Also as I am new what is a good ATF when tuning?

I am assuming that since my car was running lean and it went into “safe mode” it would be hard to damage the engine by running a CAI on a stock tune….

Any input would be appreciated. – Also I drive a 2011 STI
    You need to retune the ecu if you install an intake. COBB has maps for both the AEM intake and their intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    You need to retune the ecu if you install an intake. COBB has maps for both the AEM intake and their intake.
    Yea you definitely need a tune after installing a different intake. I tuned mine with my cobb accessport. I have it running on severe low wastegate because i was putting out way to much PSI for my stage 2.
    12' WRB WRX sedan
    -AEM CAI Intake

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567