Need a little help on what to buy.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need a little help on what to buy. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well i have an 07 tr(stage 1 ap). Just not getting enough out of it but im not looking for ...

Need a little help on what to buy.

Well i have an 07 tr(stage 1 ap). Just not getting enough out of it but im not looking for a 400 whp car. Im just looking for about 300-320 whp out of my car. What are the best mods for my car? thanks
    p.s. Dont worry i can handle the power, driven my bro's 500 hp mr2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you're seeking dyno numbers, which dyno is your car going to be on?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

That level of numbers will take stage2 + a mild turbo upgrade. The turbo you get is up to you.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

alright well im not sure what dyno im going to yet but would an sti intercooler work with an 18g turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by brownie1-2 View Post
    alright well im not sure what dyno im going to yet but would an sti intercooler work with an 18g turbo?
    Assuming you're prepared for lag, that sounds okay. I'd definitely consider something like a processwest TMIC or an FMIC at that point, but it's up to you. Obviously an unrestrictive exhaust plus a tune, and you'll need injectors, but your tuner will go over that with you.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

well could you give me an example of a good setup without the lag?

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Both the VF39 and the 18G OTS Cobb tunes are worth "about" 290whp. The VF39 is "nearly" maxxed out, while the 18g has the potential for much more, but is limited by the stock injectors.

With a professional Dynotune, you might be able to squeeze out another 15whp on the stock injectors... but that is about it.

an TD05 18g will get you where you want to be, and have minimal lag, with an injector/fuel pump upgrade. Your stock injectors are 555cc, so this is just an "estimate", but I would say a set of 650cc injectors should get you there.

Of course, don't forget all the supporting mods as Cobb prescribes.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

alright that sounds pretty good ill look into it, thanks alot

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.