2002 wrx front mount intercooler install - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx front mount intercooler install within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The kit didn't included a mounting beam...

The kit didn't included a mounting beam
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wordwrx View Post
    The kit didn't included a mounting beam
    Custom Fabricated mounting beam may be needed then.
    Still, I am in agreement with most other posters here. You are probably hurting yourself more then benefiting from a FMIC, especially a EBAY Godspeed one. Sell it and get yourself a quality (NON-EBAY) TMIC.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have 3 inch catless down pipe catless mid pipe Borla catback exhaust catless up pipe pnp headers cold air intake
    #1. You don't even remotely come close to needing a FMIC. In fact, you will suffer a performance LOSS.

#2. You can't use a cold air intake with the Godspeed kit.

Well it's on works amazing fixed my boost leak I had on the y pipe under the top mount very happy with the kit after i got everything together
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304151136.384284.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304151198.773155.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304151240.123941.jpg  

Glad you're happy with your power loss.

Please research your mods in the future before throwing away money.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Ok negative nancys like Jesus my car runs alot better than it did before I motive no power loss car runs great

I Support ClubWRX
    It's called the placebo effect. But I'm glad you're happy. That's all that matters

Btw... it looks like it's about 6 inches to the right of the car... is that an optical illusion?? If not, you may want to fix that before trying to get the bumper back on
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    on a side note... jeeze... that's a lot of piping... I never realized that the godspeed one had such a ridiculous amount of piping. No wonder it drops spool so much.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Ok negative nancys like Jesus my car runs alot better than it did before I motive no power loss car runs great
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    It's called the placebo effect. But I'm glad you're happy. That's all that matters
    \
    Btw... it looks like it's about 6 inches to the right of the car... is that an optical illusion?? If not, you may want to fix that before trying to get the bumper back on
    Yeah glad you're happy but your car doesn't run better. It definitely runs worse but the placebo effect has you sucked in. Hopefully you can get it centered/straight so the bumper goes back on ok.

Sorry to be negative but there's no good side to the mod you did. Please consult knowledgeable people before wasting any more of your money. But like Kevin said, it's your car so glad you're happy.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

No other modding community out there is like the WRX crowd... Most other car groups are happy and friendly towards other owner/enthusiasts, but not the WRX guys... You will do the mods that the community "deems worthy" or your a ricer.

So your full boost target is now 76 RPM more than it was on your oem tmic... you definitely should not have put a FMIC on... placebo effect... its not faster...

Things like "don't put a atmospheric bov on, it'll damage your car."
    "how will it damage my car?"
    typical response after that is usually something like "your stupid", "do a search", or "because it does".
    At no point does anybody try to explain how running rich between shifts will hurt your car, it just somehow magically does... regardless if your running no cats.

FFS, please stop trolling and let people mod THEIR cars the way THEY want. If you don't like it, stfu and don't do it to your car.

Enjoy your FMIC dude

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslr View Post
    No other modding community out there is like the WRX crowd... Most other car groups are happy and friendly towards other owner/enthusiasts, but not the WRX guys... You will do the mods that the community "deems worthy" or your a ricer.

So your full boost target is now 76 RPM more than it was on your oem tmic... you definitely should not have put a FMIC on... placebo effect... its not faster...

typical response after that is usually something like "your stupid", "do a search", or "because it does".
    At no point does anybody try to explain how running rich between shifts will hurt your car, it just somehow magically does... regardless if your running no cats.

FFS, please stop trolling and let people mod THEIR cars the way THEY want. If you don't like it, stfu and don't do it to your car.

Enjoy your FMIC dude
    This post is two years old. If you care enough about opinions to post up your plans on a public forum then expect criticism. If you don't care to get criticism then don't post.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslr View Post

Enjoy your FMIC dude
    Excellent first post.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.