Just ordered my Cobb AP - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Just ordered my Cobb AP within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Don't talk yourself out of a downpipe. Get one. ;-) If you already have an AP there's no reason not ...

Don't talk yourself out of a downpipe. Get one. ;-) If you already have an AP there's no reason not to IMO.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha i know...a few hundred more dollars and I'm stage II. Somehow I feel like that is the point of no return when it comes to completely disregarding my warranty.

I think it's going to happen within the month, though
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Don't talk yourself out of a downpipe. Get one. ;-) If you already have an AP there's no reason not to IMO.
    Haha, good point!

Here is the way I look at it...

Right now I can flash back to stock easily if needed. (warranty issue, selling the car, etc..)
    Car runs awesome for a daily driver. More powerful than "most" cars on the road.
    I have already spent a grand on tint, rally armor flaps, Cobb AP and still need a set of winter rims/tires before winter.

On the other hand.... What's 600 more bucks to get 30ft-lbs of torque at the wheels????
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Itch it... you know you wanna! Haha! Forums have a special way of giving you that extra nudge to do something you'll enjoy and regret all at the same time later...
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

After reading this entire post I now want/need the cobb AP and the AEM intake. I told myself I was going to wait for the warranty to be up, but I might have to do it sooner.

^Agreed. I have this nasty bite and no one believes me when I say there's a mod bug. It's slowly ruining my wallet.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm actually holding relatively strong at the moment...

I have a co-worker who has a 4 door Si and he's got the itch something serious... he's in here daily sounding like Tyrone Biggums.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

My avatar on my previous car forum haha. I think my favorite is when he smashes the car window and jacks the woman's stereo instead of saving her baby.

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post

My avatar on my previous car forum haha. I think my favorite is when he smashes the car window and jacks the woman's stereo instead of saving her baby.
    "Hey Joe Rogan....I smoke rocks"

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha!

Well, After giving the Perrin map a few hundred miles I tried the Cobb stage 1 93oct map after updating the AP with the new firmware. The Cobb map feels much better to me. I know the Perrin map claims to be more aggressive but the Cobb map seems to make more boost with less throttle, pulls strong all the way to red line instead of tapering off like the Perrin map, car feels smoother and is easier to drive in the low rpm range.

Also, another thing I've noticed is the boost has gone up to 17.2 psi vs 16.4 on the Perrin map. The boost target is 16.5 +/- 0.8 so I think that's ok?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Also, another thing I've noticed is the boost has gone up to 17.2 psi vs 16.4 on the Perrin map. The boost target is 16.5 +/- 0.8 so I think that's ok?
    16.5 + .8 = 17.3

17.2 < 17.3 = you're okay :P

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hey all - this thread has provided a boat-load of info, thanks! Just wondering - I see there is a lot of talk about the AEM intake but not the Cobb SF. Is there a specific reason for this? It is my understanding that the AEM is a CAI where as the Cobb is a SRI (i'm coming from a mazdaspeed3 and this is what I remember). The Cobb site indicates both intakes share the same power gains, which is surprising as I was always under the impression that a CAI usually has greater gains... due to being lower and sucking in cooler air.

Cobb sells their own SRI. The AEM (in my experience) has always proven bigger gains and a nicer sound. It's really a preference thing. As long as you have the right map either is fine.

I personally think the AEM CAI is providing more gains but Cobb has their own product and would likely tune those maps more accurately to make it worth your while. But it's interesting that Cobb has so many AEM maps...they must see some benefit there.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.