My Bugeye Build
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Bugeye Build within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys, As some of you may know i have started my second build with the bugeye. The first build ...

My Bugeye Build

Hey Guys,
    As some of you may know i have started my second build with the bugeye. The first build consisted of a 68HTA and a hybrid motor. It made 354 on the dyno with e85. That was somewhat disappointing for how much money i had invested. But it was still a pretty fun DD. About 3 weeks after having it tuned i shattered my rear differential. I then decided it was time for a 6 speed to avoid any more problems. After putting about 2000 miles on it for some odd reason the rings didn't seal right or something along those lines and i decided it was time to redo it again. I pulled the motor and ended up finding three bent exhaust valves also. I wanted some more power so i decided to redo it all.
    The mod list:
    Engine Internals
    -2.5 STI block
    -CP standard sized pistons
    -Eagle Rods
    -ACL main and rod bearings
    -New Oem Oil pump
    -ARP case half bolts
    Heads
    -Ported and Polished heads by me
    -BC 272 cams
    -Supertech intake and exhaust valves
    -Cometic head gasket
    -BC valve springs and retainers
    Drivetrain
    -06 Sti transmission and rear diff
    -DCCDpro Universal controller
    -Quarter Masters twin disk clutch
    Turbo
    -ATP GT35R externally gated
    -Tial 44mm WG
    -TurboXS FMIC
    -FIC 900cc's for now (I am currently in the market for something bigger. If you have anything PM me)
    -Perrin Fuel rail kit
    Exhaust
    -Megan Header/uppipe
    -Custom 3" TBE
    -Magnaflow Muffler
    Many of these parts i am waiting to show up yet. My goal is for over 500hp. I think i have what i need to make it but if you have any advice or suggestions as to what i might still need let me know. My dad and I have done all the work to this thing except the machining. And before anyone might say that i am spoiled, I have payed for everything on this car and have had a full time job throughout highschool.
    Heres a couple pictures of the car.

Here is how lazy i was during the last build. Yes the engine bay is half black half silver.

I had to fix that during this build. Here are the results.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where is the door handles? How would one get inside your car??

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Shaved door handles with poppers huh pretty sweet and like the color to. But what are you doing with the front diff are u keeping it stock to or putting in one from the 6 speed line up. Just wondering cause of the gear ratio and all.

It has the sti front and rear dif. And yes i have little actuators that open the doors. I wish i never would of done it for my dd. But i was 16 and stupid.

Looks good!!

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Im just messin with you on the door poppers... I would paint the grille extensions to match the car, Id also get some kind of lip kit to go with that wilder color of paint/shaved door handles you chose.. Just my .02

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

The grill is actually a jdm one that was carbon fiber but faded too much so its just flat black for now. i have a stock grill with the ends painted the same but i like this better. And yea i want to get one but i dont like most of the ones out there. I want the oem bugeye lip. I think it looks pretty good without being ricey.

Looks good

Thanks.

Just a little update. I recently recieved my killer b utlimate pan and pickup, an atp GT35r, turbo xs fmic and the quarter master twin disk. Hopefully i can get my machinist to get my block and heads done tomorrow.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're gonna have a hell of a time hitting 500 on that setup. The ATP turbo is limited compared to rotated 35Rs and the TXS FMIC is going to hold you back as well. You may also want to pick different cams (BCs are known for bad idle and no power) and springs and retainers (lots of engine builders hate BC's valvetrains).

The stock location gt35r turbo is capable of 600 +. as for the bc valvtrain, i will max it out and when i get money i might replace it. I have a Perrin Stealth core but i bought it with no piping so i may just retrofit the turbo xs piping for the stealth core. I have talked to my tuner and he thinks that it should be capable of 500 with 1300 injectors

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Good for you for paying for it all yourself. I've also worked all through high school and college and pay for everything on my car and respect that. Good luck with your build
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The piping is the restriction on the TurboXS kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.