Engine Questions

This is a discussion on Engine Questions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, i got some questions, would be nice if someone has some answers for me. My 02er WRX Engine was ...

Engine Questions

Hi,

i got some questions, would be nice if someone has some answers for me.
    My 02er WRX Engine was blown up on Dyno, it put with only full exhaust 250 hp on wheels, than died off with mass blue air out of the exhaust. There was no mechanic sound or anything, it was like turning off the ignition.

A/F was a little bit lean, but not really to worry. Before i went on Dyno i build in an AP Fuel Rail Kit in, cause my stock fuel lines got broken, i wanted to fix it right and forever. Since that the engines is reving up hardly with no gear in, but while driving its normal. Sometimes it lags very shortly after shifting, but most of the time i didnt notice it.

I think about wrong fuel pressure, maybe you got some tips? Dont want to put the rebuilded engine in and **** it up another time.

Thank you!

Trying to put the log file in today!
    Last edited by MrStock; 03-19-2011 at 02:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's really hard to understand what you are trying to say.

I Support ClubWRX
    MrStock seems to be located in AT so there may be a language barrier. However, if I read it correctly, your motor failed on the dyno? If that is the case, there should be a log with data that describes what exactly happened. Start there and see if you can figure out whether there was a fuel problem or not. You say it was not lean enough to worry, but obviously something went wrong anyway. Was it fuel, timing, boost, or a combination that caused the issue? Once you find out what it was, then you can look into correcting the problem to avoid a repetition in the future.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    It is hard to overcome language barriers or difficulties online.

It may help solve your problem if you simply try to reword your post. Sometimes just saying the same thing a little differently helps us understand better.

I do not mean to be offensive at all, but we are going to have a hard time helping you without a clear description of the problem. Until then we are taking educated guesses at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

We are building now that Setup, what are you thinking about it?

EJ20
    Eagle Rods
    Wiseco Pistons
    Cosworth Headgasket
    Cosworth Rod Bearing
    IHI VF 39
    STI "pink" Injectors
    Walbro 255 lbh
    STI TMIC
    3" Exhaust with 200 cell