What do you think of this exhaust?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do you think of this exhaust? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been looking around for a catback for my new car and came across this one. I've heard the name ...

What do you think of this exhaust?

I've been looking around for a catback for my new car and came across this one. I've heard the name before, but probably just in passing. It's made in USA so that's a good thing, plus it's cheap as hell. I'm honestly tempted to buy it and just see what happens for that price.

Exhaust link
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I've been looking around for a catback for my new car and came across this one. I've heard the name before, but probably just in passing. It's made in USA so that's a good thing, plus it's cheap as hell. I'm honestly tempted to buy it and just see what happens for that price.

Exhaust link
    Looks pretty cool. In essence its a straight pipe...I watched the vids they have from Youtube and they certainly seem pretty legit in the manufacturing of them.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Interesting, seems like it would sound pretty awesome.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

There's a thread over on NASIOC about them; look like a well made piece.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

seems a little cheap to be putting it on a $40000 car...but thats just my opinion. i guess if it rusts away into nothing it was only like $400 after shipping.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I'm talking to the owner now on the phone. Wow does he know welding. They even countertorque the welds. I just ordered one. I'm getting custom gloss black powdercoated tips on it too as a one-off so I'll have the only exhaust in the country like it.

Once it's installed I'll post back.
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    Interesting, seems like it would sound pretty awesome.
    Youtube vids showed that it sounds a bit like straight pipe...it did sound really good, just not as deep as I personally like.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Can't wait to hear your review on this. It sounds and looks pretty awesome. If you give it a thumbs up I might have to jump on this.

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    There's a thread over on NASIOC about them; look like a well made piece.
    Any chance you can link to the nastysock thread?
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Any chance you can link to the nastysock thread?
    Here you go, it really does look well made. Was surprised when I saw the quality vs price. I wonder how loud it would be in person however.

$300 Nameless Performance exhaust ('11 WRX/STI) sounds like Perrin? - NASIOC
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    Here you go, it really does look well made. Was surprised when I saw the quality vs price. I wonder how loud it would be in person however.

$300 Nameless Performance exhaust ('11 WRX/STI) sounds like Perrin? - NASIOC
    Good read.

Thanks

Glad you guys like our exhaust. We'll be a vendor here sooner than later. We work really hard on bringing good parts to market and we're an enthusiast based company.

And you'll be hard pressed to have our exhaust rust away under your car. It's T304SS and TIG welded with 308L rod. And we also offer a powdercoated stainless option for those of you in high salt environments.

Like I told the NASIOC guys, I'll add $300 to the price if you think I'm too competitive ;-)

Jason Griffith
    Engineering Director
    Nameless Performance, Inc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason@Nameless View Post
    Glad you guys like our exhaust. We'll be a vendor here sooner than later. We work really hard on bringing good parts to market and we're an enthusiast based company.

And you'll be hard pressed to have our exhaust rust away under your car. It's T304SS and TIG welded with 308L rod. And we also offer a powdercoated stainless option for those of you in high salt environments.

Like I told the NASIOC guys, I'll add $300 to the price if you think I'm too competitive ;-)

Jason Griffith
    Engineering Director
    Nameless Performance, Inc.
    Are you planning on making something for the 2011 wagon?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yes. It's released and ships day after tomorrow $435 initial price, and it has a free flow muffler in it. Slightly different design that we went to in order to retain some manufacturability. I really need to get a vendor account here before I post any more though. I like supporting forums and don't want to get the thread closed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank youAnd why the extra cost compared to the sedan?If you could,can you pm me if you are uncomfortable posting without a vendor account.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.