What do you think of this exhaust? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do you think of this exhaust? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do you have any pics or vids of the exhaust for the hatch?...

Do you have any pics or vids of the exhaust for the hatch?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    http://namelessperformance.com/our-c...xhaust-videos/
    Heres videos from the blog.I'll most probably be getting this.Sounds bad ass
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

im a little dissapointed that there is nothing available for the 2008-2010 hatch. single exit. i wonder if there are any plans to manufature any of those. i would be very interested.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Jason@Nameless View Post
    Glad you guys like our exhaust. We'll be a vendor here sooner than later. We work really hard on bringing good parts to market and we're an enthusiast based company.

And you'll be hard pressed to have our exhaust rust away under your car. It's T304SS and TIG welded with 308L rod. And we also offer a powdercoated stainless option for those of you in high salt environments.

Like I told the NASIOC guys, I'll add $300 to the price if you think I'm too competitive ;-)

Jason Griffith
    Engineering Director
    Nameless Performance, Inc.
    Any possible products for the 08-10 hatch? I love the quad tips but I'd rather not cut my bumper cover if I can avoid it. Love the product though.. quality of the high end without the stinging wallet.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Our goals are to make an exhaust for every Subaru made in the last 10 years. If any of you are in Portland, OR or know someone in Portland, I could do it as soon as Monday or Tuesday of next week. We have an appointment to test fit on a Legacy GT as well which also appears to have nearly the same exhaust arrangement. It would be great to do both in one night.

Whether you have a hatch or sedan from 2008-2010 with the dual single tips, I'd like to see it in our shop. Or a single exit hatch. ;-)

jason
    Last edited by NamelessPerformance; 03-08-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Now these are all set up to work with the factory mid pipe? Axle back config?

I've been looking for a good quality axle back for my 2010 for a good while now and not found much. Would be nice to put something on with the fit and finish you guys have been producing so far. Also cool to support smaller up and coming vendors

Man if I wasn't clear across the country I'd definitely volunteer my car for test fit.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just talked to Jason.He explained everything precisely.I'll be ordering one with the staggered double wall later today.Its 5 db louder than stock,exactly what I was looking for.
    EDIT* Ordered
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 03-08-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why aren't you a vendor here yet? If you have filed necessary forms with Tim or Justin feel free to speak as a vendor but if you have not talked to them yet please contact them immediately.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

i would like to see and hear what they would come up with for my year.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

I've had the exhaust on the car for about 3 weeks now I guess. The install took probably 30 minutes maybe 40 tops. The toughest part for me without jacking up the car is I have a 50" chest and I couldn't get far enough under the car to reach with both arms to hold on one wrench while loosening the other side of the nut/bolt. But that was it, otherwise super simple to install and bolted up perfect. It mated perfectly to the factory Y-midpipe and the exhaust hangers, and the tips are in the factory position as much as I can tell without getting out a micrometer.

The quality of the welds is excellent. Very tight, small welds. If you're looking for big beefy welds, well, that's a sign of somebody that doesn't know what they're doing and just throwing metal at it. You only need small welds to hold catback exhaust pieces together. The finish wasn't just on the tips as I expected. The entire pieces were coated, which is fine with me. They came well-packed and even with the custom powdercoat, I still had the parts in maybe 10 days from payment.

The sound: Let's start with the fact I'm 33 with 2 little kids and this is my kid hauler, so I wasn't looking for something really loud, but for the price I was willing to try this one. At initial startup with the higher RPMs the computer does automatically, it's a bit loud when you're outside the car. At regular idle, it's a bit more quiet but still loud outside but fine in the car. At lower RPMs below about 3k under normal load pushing the gas, it's a little loud for my tastes. It's not a bad loud, just a serious boxer rumble. If you're coasting, you can't even hear it. As RPMs climb, the sound goes more into a racecar-like sound and is really great. At all RPMs when you're really pushing it, it sounds pretty awesome.

Drone? I don't hear no stinkin drone. I've run it for hundreds of miles including many on the highway and I can't hear a bit of it. The sound also has zero of the bad qualities you normally associate with anything out there other than pretty much a Cobb. Every bit of the sound at any RPM, under load or cruising or whatever, is just a boxer rumble. No ricer-like sounds period.

My only suggestion to Jason would be to include the option to get a couple of small mufflers in there for a bit more money for old guys like me. I don't know how possible that would be in terms of keeping the price low.

Overall, I have no hesitation recommending this product to anybody. I guess I sound like a salesman..... (Jason where's my cut ).
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Before I start, my vendor fees are paid as of about 4 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Now these are all set up to work with the factory mid pipe? Axle back config?
    Our systems use a 3" inlet to mate to a 3" midpipe or to the factory setup. We have developed a proprietary .090" waterjet copper gasket that has the inside diameter of the factory midpipe and the outside profile of our 3" flange. This ensures a good seal when mating to the factory design. We've used gaskets designed like this on really high temp and high pressure connections and have always had good success with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    im a little dissapointed that there is nothing available for the 2008-2010 hatch. single exit. i wonder if there are any plans to manufature any of those. i would be very interested.
    I'm going to post up here as well as on IWSTI, NASIOC, etc looking for an '08-'10 Hatch as well as the '08-'10 Dual Exhaust Sedans in order to fill in these gaps in our product catalog asap. This is easily something we can do, it's just a matter of getting a car on the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Any possible products for the 08-10 hatch? I love the quad tips but I'd rather not cut my bumper cover if I can avoid it. Love the product though.. quality of the high end without the stinging wallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    i would like to see and hear what they would come up with for my year.
    I have a GD sedan on the hook to come in sometime very soon. Was hoping that would be Thursday, but we have been buried the last few days with a few unforseen events that are going to push that and our Legacy GT exhaust into next week.

I think you'll all be pleased with our transparency and our speed to market. We can usually turn a product around from prototype to production in 3-4 weeks from the minute we start.

We have a lot of plans for the future. In our shop right now is a 2008 STi that we are using to develop our downpipe, midpipe, two front mount intercooler kits, a water to air intercooling kit as well as a fabricated Sched. 10/Sched. 40 stainless exhaust manifold and up-pipe.

Talk to you all soon,

Jason Griffith
    Engineering Director
    Nameless Performance, Inc.
    Follow our day to day prototyping and development progress on Facebook.
    A little bit about who we are and what we stand for.
    Cars we are looking for in the PDX/Seattle Area

I Support ClubWRX
    The hatch version comes with a muffler,thats why it costs more.Sounds like I bought the right exhaust.I'm 33 too and haul a 2 year old around & I wanted something that would make a little less noise inside.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I just picked up a set, it should be arriving in the mail soon. I've done some research prior to buying and they are great people to work with, especially Jason. Great quality, great price, great service, doesn't get much better than that.

nameless is doing everything right to develop a great reputation on this forum. thanks for the quick answers. please let me (us?) know when you guys have something finalized for the 2008-2010 hatch with the muffler and single rear exit. if only i lived a little closer to washington...its kind of a drive for me.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you Jason, looks like some great products so far.

Guys as for pricing, the exhaust set that teflon is showing here is $300 because a.) its an axle back b.) its muffler less. Dont get mad at him for selling one cheaper than another, you gotta compare apples to apples.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.