Accessport Tuner

This is a discussion on Accessport Tuner within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Will a Cobb accessport tuner void my warranty. Has anyone used one on a 2010 WRX and does it make ...

Accessport Tuner

Will a Cobb accessport tuner void my warranty. Has anyone used one on a 2010 WRX and does it make a big difference in performance? Also, when i need to take it to the dealer does the stock map Cobb offers actually work so the computer does not send any codes out?
    -Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A voided warranty and a denied warranty claim are two different things. The AP will not void your warranty, but it can lead to a claim being denied.

A dealership can tell the car has been reflashed, and if you have a warranty claim like a blown motor, the claim will most likely be denied.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    These and other questions like it have been answered countless times before, just so you're aware. Something that you should get in the habit of is searching on the forums for answers to your questions before making new threads, but you're new, no worries, I'm happy to help anyways .

SOA (Subaru of America) can not void your warranty, they can only deny claims, and claims can and will be denied if any engine damage is found and you have been found to have reflashed the ECU. They can tell if your ECU has been reflashed, not necessarily what it was flashed with, but that it was flashed, and that can be grounds to dismiss a claim. Retunes have been responsible for claims for engine damage and drivetrain to be denied, so keep that in mind.

You pay to play.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    A voided warranty and a denied warranty claim are two different things. The AP will not void your warranty, but it can lead to a claim being denied.

A dealership can tell the car has been reflashed, and if you have a warranty claim like a blown motor, the claim will most likely be denied.
    +1
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX