Poor fitment with my TMIC
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Poor fitment with my TMIC within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have a Perrin TMIC and I love how large of a core it has but it has always ...

Poor fitment with my TMIC

So I have a Perrin TMIC and I love how large of a core it has but it has always been offset where the outlet of the TMIC and the TB meet up. The outlet on the TMIC is a bit higher than the TB and it causes my couplings go stretch and become warped. Any advice?
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmm. I have the Perrin TMIC as well w/Blouch 18G and no fitment issues. Did you change the Intercooler Hoses or are you still using stock? B/c a longer TB coupler is pretty much a must.

Mine is installed with the Perrin Hose kit and is a perfect fit.

Yeah I am using a Perrin Y-pipe. I think that I might need to alter the brackets a little.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

Also look into a longer Samco coupling. I had this issue with an SSAC TMIC I bought...longer coupling helped
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

2010 Audi S4 Sedan|Phantom Black Pearl|DSG transmission|3.0L Supercharged

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.