2004 subaru wrx new up and down pipe catless

This is a discussion on 2004 subaru wrx new up and down pipe catless within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok i have a 2004 subaru wrx, i just recently bought a catless downpipe and up pipe off of ebay, ...

2004 subaru wrx new up and down pipe catless

Ok i have a 2004 subaru wrx, i just recently bought a catless downpipe and up pipe off of ebay, and i have to get my car e checked, this month, so i have to have my cats on there. After this echeck im good for 2 years lol hate ohio, But what all will i need to do this right, as of now i just have a perrin cold air intake and just a three inch catback exhaust, what all will i need to do and learn, just everything and anything will help thanks, what all will i need to buy to do this stuff, what gauges, what tuning, just everything thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    To run with the catless up pipe you need to disable the EGT sensor issue with a resistor and with the dp you need to get a tune, many options for that. Here is a good install: http://www.scoobymods.com/best-damn-...pe-t6649.html?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

if your car is stock, ditch the intake. you dont need it.

More than anything it seems to depend on the type of inspection you're up against. There's stoties on here of people passing catles - but like yamaha said - make sure the EGT CEL is disabled. For more extensive inspections putting a stock DP back on should do the trick. No need to mess with UP, cat-back, intake, gauges etc. That being said - no testing out here in SD - so don't take my word for it!

Quote Originally Posted by tiersius View Post
    More than anything it seems to depend on the type of inspection you're up against. There's stoties on here of people passing catles - but like yamaha said - make sure the EGT CEL is disabled. For more extensive inspections putting a stock DP back on should do the trick. No need to mess with UP, cat-back, intake, gauges etc. That being said - no testing out here in SD - so don't take my word for it!
    yea they look under are cars with mirrors, to see if you have a cat, and i do have cai on there, cause when i bought the car someone destroyed the whole, air filter thing, so i just bought that for the hell of it

i recommend finding an stock sti catback (you can find them for cheap) and put that on when you need to pass safety.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenotos View Post
    i recommend finding an stock sti catback (you can find them for cheap) and put that on when you need to pass safety.
    an aftermarket catback will not cause you to fail emissions. did you mean to use a different term?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.