WRX 09 TMIC vs. STI 10 TMIC - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX 09 TMIC vs. STI 10 TMIC within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thanks for the information. My parts are all almost here. I will get the TMIC work done next week (custom ...

Thanks for the information. My parts are all almost here. I will get the TMIC work done next week (custom at a very good local shop). I have a TurboXS BOV and a perrin CAI to add in the morning. The 3" pipes to the perrin mufflers really opened up and let the engine breath (very nice). I talked to IPS this morning and my current tune has me at 14psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by modius890 View Post
    Thanks for the information. My parts are all almost here. I will get the TMIC work done next week (custom at a very good local shop). I have a TurboXS BOV and a perrin CAI to add in the morning. The 3" pipes to the perrin mufflers really opened up and let the engine breath (very nice). I talked to IPS this morning and my current tune has me at 14psi.
    I'm going to suggest away from the TurboXS BOV one last time...don't say I didn't warn you
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I am changing my BOV to a perrin.

modius, I would suggest listening to Verdugo because EVERYTHING he has posted is damn good advice. I might be new to scoobies but I have been around turbo'd cars for a while. You sound like you are very noobish to scoobies and turbo cars in general. There is always a "cheap" way of doing things or thinking BIGGER is better but you are wrong. When you are new, the best thing you can do is listen.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drizze99 View Post
    modius, I would suggest listening to Verdugo because EVERYTHING he has posted is damn good advice. I might be new to scoobies but I have been around turbo'd cars for a while. You sound like you are very noobish to scoobies and turbo cars in general. There is always a "cheap" way of doing things or thinking BIGGER is better but you are wrong. When you are new, the best thing you can do is listen.
    yes but being a nood does he no the difference from a BOV/BPV/hybrid? hes saying BOV but does me mean it? us 08+ wrxs need a BPV or hybrid because ares are plastic and can and do crack or leak if above 18psi after awhile, just like are plastic TMIC's.

Quote Originally Posted by modius890 View Post
    I am changing my BOV to a perrin.
    Do you read peoples' responses before you hit reply? DO NOT GET A BOV. YOU DON'T NEED ONE.

Also

yes but being a nood does he no the difference from a BOV/BPV/hybrid? hes saying BOV but does me mean it? us 08+ wrxs need a BPV or hybrid because ares are plastic and can and do crack or leak if above 18psi after awhile, just like are plastic TMIC's.

Did you sleep through every English/grammar class you've ever had?

Quote Originally Posted by erksplee View Post

My buddy had a TXS BOV and he did not like it at all, he tried to give it to me. Needless to say I did not take it.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by erksplee View Post
    yes i did, what now? good thing i have a 3.85 in college getting my RN and tudor organic and nuclear chemistry cause i so need to know-know, no, to, too, two, their, there...tool!
    Last edited by synolimit; 06-24-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Banned
    its also a good thing to know that all of you are wrong! OP the Perrin is fine!!! its 100% recirculating BPV and made of metal. you need it as you will be going over or up to 18psi! your stock one can crack or leak do to it being plastic. good job not listening to a bunch of people that dont know what there talking about! that dont have are car and have older ones that CAME WITH METAL BPV's.

Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    yes i did, what now? good thing i have a 3.85 in college getting my RN and tudor organic and nuclear chemistry cause i so need to know-know, no, to, too, two, thier, there...tool!
    You mean their? Might wanna hit spellcheck before correcting someone on grammatical errors.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    its also a good thing to know that all of you are wrong! OP the Perrin is fine!!! its 100% recirculating BPV and made of metal. you need it as you will be going over or up to 18psi! your stock one can crack or leak do to it being plastic. good job not listening to a bunch of people that dont know what there talking about! that dont have are car and have older ones that CAME WITH METAL BPV's.
    Just because it's metal, doesn't mean it's good. The TurboXS BOV is metal...so is the Agency Power one, and that Agency Power one was the biggest POS in the entire world. I'm not sure if Perrin revised their BOV design for the 08+ WRX, but the BOV they had for the 02-07 WRX and STI was a POS too. I had a past customer whose Perrin BOV would not stop leaking, no matter how much he tightened the spring. He eventually got smart and went with a Turbosmart Dual Port BOV instead.

I sure hope you don't believe that I don't know what I'm talking about...'cause I've been around/worked on more modified Subarus than the vast majority of people on here and on NASIOC...

I should also note that the whole "it can crack or leak because it's made of plastic" comment is a bit of a misnomer too. Your 08+ WRX intake manifold is made of plastic, and I sure as hell haven't heard of those cracking or leaking due to too much boost pressure.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 06-24-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itWRXjustfine View Post
    You mean their? Might wanna hit spellcheck before correcting someone on grammatical errors.
    i wasnt correcting anyone accually, what post were you reading?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Just because it's metal, doesn't mean it's good. The TurboXS BOV is metal...so is the Agency Power one, and that Agency Power one was the biggest POS in the entire world. I'm not sure if Perrin revised their BOV design for the 08+ WRX, but the BOV they had for the 02-07 WRX and STI was a POS too. I had a past customer whose Perrin BOV would not keep leaking, no matter how much he tightened the spring. He eventually got smart and went with a Turbosmart Dual Port BOV instead.

I sure hope you don't believe that I don't know what I'm talking about...'cause I've been around/worked on more modified Subarus than the vast majority of people on here and on NASIOC...

I should also note that the whole "it can crack or leak because it's made of plastic" comment is a bit of a misnomer too. Your 08+ WRX intake manifold is made of plastic, and I sure as hell haven't heard of those cracking or leaking due to too much boost pressure.
    ahh haa, you are saying BOV is ok then, point made!

im not saying you dont know what your talking about, i was saying the OP maybe saying "BOV" when he ment "BPV". as long has he gets one that is recirculating he'll be fine. these cars dont run well at all even with a tune with atmos BOV's unless you run blow through like me.

as for the manifold, no i havnt heard of one cracking either but it doesnt having moving parts and thinner like the stock BPV or peiced together with metal tabs like the stock TMIC.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    ahh haa, you are saying BOV is ok then, point made!

im not saying you dont know what your talking about, i was saying the OP maybe saying "BOV" when he ment "BPV". as long has he gets one that is recirculating he'll be fine. these cars dont run well at all even with a tune with atmos BOV's unless you run blow through like me.

as for the manifold, no i havnt heard of one cracking either but it doesnt having moving parts and thinner like the stock BPV or peiced together with metal tabs like the stock TMIC.
    Quite true. Even the metal stock BOVs from all previous model Impreza turbos (including the GCs in Japan) would not hold more than about 19 psi, so they absolutely must be upgraded if you plan to run that much boost or more. You are also very correct in terms of not wanting to run atmospheric with the stock MAF setup. Unless you're running a blow through like yourself or are using engine management than runs off MAP instead of MAF, then a 100% atmospheric BOV really is not a good idea in any capacity.

I can concur with the BOV input. I bought an Agency Power because I thought I could go 50/50 after a stage 2 power tuneup, but no dice. It would still die at the red lights.

I left it on in full recirculation because it still looks and sounds nice, but its pretty much useless for an 08.

I suppose if you're worried about plastic parts, then you can just get a replacement like Perrin intercooler and BPV.

Maybe a DEI CO2 spray kit can get you to your goal with a TMIC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.