Legality of Cat Back Exhausts - NY - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Legality of Cat Back Exhausts - NY within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Hardwrx Long Island here, I hope I'm not going to get pulled over all the time. I'm ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrx
    Long Island here, I hope I'm not going to get pulled over all the time. I'm putting in a full 3 inch turbo back with a nameless performance muffler delete. I hope I have the same luck as I did with my first civic.
    As an update to my post three years ago...Johnny Law finally caught up to me and cited me for the Borla this spring. I have since switched to the Invidia Q300 and haven't been bothered (both look stock, but the Borla was a good bit louder).

As I said before, the law is vague (another poster quoted it later in the thread), and leaves it solely up to officer discretion. If you have an exhaust that looks aftermarket, it's just a reason to stop/cite you. If you look stock, you're less likely to be bothered.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrx View Post
    Long Island here, I hope I'm not going to get pulled over all the time. I'm putting in a full 3 inch turbo back with a nameless performance muffler delete. I hope I have the same luck as I did with my first civic.

Where are the meet ups around here? I just joined the forum community 2 days ago and I'm new to all this.
    Bald Hill amphitheater parking lot on Monday nights.
    I'm in Medford, where are you?

I'm in Floral Park, close to the queens border. What time do you guys meet up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrx View Post
    I'm in Floral Park, close to the queens border. What time do you guys meet up there?
    6:00 pm. It's not exactly a club meet, it's a cruise night. Classics, customs, domestics, imports, modified, unmodified. Usually a bunch of subies there. http://pennysaveramp.com/event/hot-ride-mondays-2/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.