Exhaust FAQ - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust FAQ within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by cflip2x No 2002-2007 WRX/STI Downpipe compatible 2008/2014 WRX/STI Downpipe compatible Got it, thanks!...

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    No

2002-2007 WRX/STI Downpipe compatible
    2008/2014 WRX/STI Downpipe compatible
    Got it, thanks!
    Stink-Eye MOB #452
    straight pipes save lives

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am looking to do my first exhaust up grade and was wondering if anybody knows of a good place to buy cat-back systems in the USA. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Hurd View Post
    I am looking to do my first exhaust up grade and was wondering if anybody knows of a good place to buy cat-back systems in the USA. Thanks
    Go with Cobb. Clean, good for the money, and isn't HELLA loud. Cobb Exhausts are always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Hurd View Post
    Go with Cobb. Clean, good for the money, and isn't HELLA loud. Cobb Exhausts are always nice.

I am looking to change my exhaust from stock to something that will give me a nice low rumble sound without it being too loud. Are there any that are worth recommending?

Quote Originally Posted by 03BugI View Post
    I am looking to change my exhaust from stock to something that will give me a nice low rumble sound without it being too loud. Are there any that are worth recommending?
    cobb, prodrive, SRS (ebay), autospeed. id stick with a twin tip or a small single oval tip. stay away from the fart cans.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    For low rumble and low volume, anything with a larger muffler and a resonator in the mid pipe should get the job done. Invidia q300 is a nice one...any exhaust that is similar to the q300 is probly what you will want.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    For low rumble and low volume, anything with a larger muffler and a resonator in the mid pipe should get the job done. Invidia q300 is a nice one...any exhaust that is similar to the q300 is probly what you will want.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    cobb, prodrive, SRS (ebay), autospeed. id stick with a twin tip or a small single oval tip. stay away from the fart cans.
    I'll look in to those thanks

Hey quick question. I was thinking about running straight pipes from the cat instead of doing an exhaust system. My only fear is that I won't have enough back pressure and it may lose torque and horsepower. I've got a 2014 WRX. I'm thinking because of the turbo, back pressure loss may be minimal to none. What do you guys think I should do?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxed_morici View Post
    Hey quick question. I was thinking about running straight pipes from the cat instead of doing an exhaust system. My only fear is that I won't have enough back pressure and it may lose torque and horsepower. I've got a 2014 WRX. I'm thinking because of the turbo, back pressure loss may be minimal to none. What do you guys think I should do?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
    No loss in torque. Turbo is still the bottleneck.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxed_morici View Post
    Torque loss in a naturally aspirated engine from lack of back pressure is in the low RPM range.

In a turbo engine the turbo isn't spooled up where the torque loss would be, so the turbo is creating plenty of back pressure. That eliminates the torque loss problem that is found in a NA engine due to lack of back pressure
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Odd question, what is the stock exhaust made of? Mild steel or SS? I ask because I have a more elegant muffler delete idea for my hatch than what is offered (mainly b/c this will be a weld in thing, not bolt on). Just don't have the car with me to go out and tell...

I Support ClubWRX
    It's definitely not stainless.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

If I change the exhaust will there be loss of power or mpg if I don't tune it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.