Exhaust FAQ - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust FAQ within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got a 2011 WRX 5 door. Will an 08+ Sti exhaust fit on it? Considering the megan racing one....

Just got a 2011 WRX 5 door. Will an 08+ Sti exhaust fit on it? Considering the megan racing one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Waiting for that Victory meet so I can hear everyones exhaust in person, then I can make my decision on what type I want
    "You're a dead man walking, like a Jackson thriller."

Old post but I agree with the above I think for an NA application an exhaust can vary more... but any 3" exhaust with smooth bends is going to give you power ... probably as much as the next exhaust but some are of much higher quality than others as well which is always something to factor in.

How much do exhausts add in the way of power on the 11s ans 12's? I know the intercooler is a weak link with them but for the price to power ratio how do most exhausts do?

Just read this for the first time after being on this site for like a year. Wish i woulda read this on day one. Great write up

So I've heard many different opinions on forced induction when it comes to exhaust. My understanding was that its best to get the exhaust out as fast as possible. I just came from a 2010 Genesis 2.0T (now loving my 2010 WRX LTD HATCH) which I ran open down pipe off of a cut-out and it ran awesome(aside from the noise being so extremely loud and not having a nice exhaust note). I've been reading up on the forums here and want to do the Invidia N1 with the TurboXS 4" down pipe, now my questions to you who understand better than I are;

Is it better to go with a resonated exhaust or Unresonated?
    And the same for a down pipe, catted or uncatted?

I've never heard of boost creep before and I don't really understand it too well and after reading up , going 4" uncatted DP to a nonresonated exhaust is making me think twice of running so freely. Suggestions would be much appreciated! Also I wouldn't mind a link to or a simple explanation of boost creep would help too. Thanks all!!

Ok here's good question for you guys. Going ewg on the stock turbo on an 07 wrx. Can I safely do it without a tune if I plan to stay at the same boost pressure? I plan on upgrading the turbo at a later time.

I have a question ....(I own a 2012 stage 2 VW GTI, but I am looking into the WRX or STI down the road when I get the money..The current model or new 1)

Can I obtain the same sound with the downpipe, but without the axle back

[u2b]Gh1wHbpHw64[/u2b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh1wHbpHw64
    Last edited by jcap287; 02-28-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    2012 Volkswagen 6spd man. GTI coupe BFI stage2 torque mount , H&R 24mm rear ARB, AFE STAGE 2 intake system, UR DP+ Magnaflow CBE, s3 shifter, neuspeed TOP and throttlebody pipe . UR mid-chassis brace. Unitronic Stage 2 software, Newsouth boostgauge

I Support ClubWRX
    The axle back is where the sound mostly comes from. There is a slight change in intonation from removing cats and increasing pipe diameter, but the muffler and the header design (elh vs uelh) is where the tone comes from.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I've been searching everywhere and couldn't find my answer so maybe you guys can help me out with my questions.

How come HKS, Blitz, GReddy exhausts for the 2011+ Sti won't fit on a regular WRX? I'm a bit puzzled as in why. Is the piping that much of a difference from the STi and WRX? If not, we can custom fit it no? Call me ignorant but I'm still learning. I like to consolidate all of the information as much as I can before I place an order soon.
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the info EJ257! Up-pipe tomorrow and I was just wondering about the EGT when I found your thread.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX
    (Getting technical, time to divert that conversation from my newbie thread...)

How far above/below the flex section of the up-pipe would you start/stop the wrap and its collar?

(I think I read somewhere 1/2" to 3/4"? Can't find it just now)
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Quick question. I bought my car with exhaust already on it. It continues to throw a code form the o2 sensor. Is there a way to fix this completely?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSemoWrx View Post
    Quick question. I bought my car with exhaust already on it. It continues to throw a code form the o2 sensor. Is there a way to fix this completely?
    If the exhaust replaces the catalytic converter portion, you should already be tuned for this modification. The code should not be thrown.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

...with all the muffler delete and exhaust options....just said screw it and dropped the rear mufflers for a test (2013 Limited)...wow....quiet enough and got rid of the damn trunk booming drone....gunna hit the muffler shop tomorrow, cut the y at the rear diff and add a foot of 2.5" pipe and a turndown. $1000 systems now seem like a magnificent waste of cash! Next up is the V3 and intake.....mods done ;-)
    Last edited by CoolGuyRx2; 01-02-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast