Just Installed Invidia N1 ('09)...

This is a discussion on Just Installed Invidia N1 ('09)... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; HOLY S#*T is this thing loud! I had an Apexi N1 on my 2007 Civic Si and this is deff. ...

Just Installed Invidia N1 ('09)...

HOLY S#*T is this thing loud! I had an Apexi N1 on my 2007 Civic Si and this is deff. way louder than that was! It sounds great but man I did not think it would be louder than my Si was. Again I think it sounds amazing and I don't mind the loudness myself but I am actually worried about getting a ticket with this exhaust lol. I had my dad listen to my car as I drove up the street and around the block and he said it wasn't too loud and that coming from him is strange b/c he hated the Apexi N1 on my Si. I also did the same thing with my girlfriend and she said it's not too loud either... it's just so deep sounding compared to my Si it just seems louder. But again I love the sound of it! To me the drone isn't bad b/c I'm used to my old Si's exhaust. Fit and finish is great as well... only real complaint there is the rubber hanger things make the exhaust move a little bit so every once in a while it gets kinda close to the bumper.

Just wanted to give a little bit of a review of the Invidia in case anyone else was interested in getting it for their 2009.
    2009 Subaru WRX (Hatch/Satin White Pearl) (*SOLD!*)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey man was this the invidia n1 race or street that you installed?? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porsche11 View Post
    hey man was this the invidia n1 race or street that you installed?? thanks
    It's the street system. Says it right in my signature. I'm glad I didn't get the race one! Can't imagine driving around without a resonator lol...

sweet exhaust. I'm looking to get the same one for my 04 wagon. Did you install it yourself? If so, they include all the gaskets and bolts right? thanks man

I had my dad and his buddy install it for me in his garage. He works on cars on the side so this just made it easier and faster. Yeah they provide you with everything you need. You might want to buy some aftermarket hangers though (Kartboy or Cobb Tuning) b/c now my exhaust moves quite a bit and rattles so I have to fix that. But yeah it's a great exhaust...

Got it from RallysportDirect.com

Thanks for your help!

so not trying to hijack but i want that same system only i have a 4 door sedan and i cant find one for it. i only find the 5door or hatch back system

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think invidia has released a dual can n1 system, look for the other kit for the sedan.

As for the exhaust drone it is probably quieter than your si, I have had invidias on all my si's and none of them when actually db metered were quieter than my APS 4". Which I know is louder than your invidia since I have the invidia on the 07.

The exhaust hangers I had no problems with my STis but for some reason my WRX my rear hanger kept letting the exhaust flop out and burning my bumper. I bought kartboy hangers, but Cobb makes some hard urethane and short ones too

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by samdust View Post
    so not trying to hijack but i want that same system only i have a 4 door sedan and i cant find one for it. i only find the 5door or hatch back system
    RallySportDirect.com - Invidia 2008+ WRX Sedan Titanium Tip N1 Cat back

there ya go...

Does it have that nice boxer rumble? I've heard good things about this exhaust and want to get it for my '10 WRX sedan. I was also lookin at the AVO but some youtube clips I hear aren't consistant, probably because no one lists the other mods they have on the car besides the catback.
    NE F4

Quote Originally Posted by T-mac429 View Post
    Does it have that nice boxer rumble? I've heard good things about this exhaust and want to get it for my '10 WRX sedan. I was also lookin at the AVO but some youtube clips I hear aren't consistant, probably because no one lists the other mods they have on the car besides the catback.
    Does it have the boxer rumble? Have you heard clips of the Invidia N1 on the WRX?! LOL... man this thing is nothing but boxer rumble! That is the main reason it is so loud.. the sound is so deep and it just rumbles like crazy! IMO I think this gives off the best sound from the boxer engine. It's def. a great sounding exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim620X View Post
    Does it have the boxer rumble? Have you heard clips of the Invidia N1 on the WRX?! LOL... man this thing is nothing but boxer rumble! That is the main reason it is so loud.. the sound is so deep and it just rumbles like crazy! IMO I think this gives off the best sound from the boxer engine. It's def. a great sounding exhaust.
    ya I've heard the clips but you never know what else ppl are running that add to the sound besides just the catback itself...I'm sold then haha I just wanted to know from someone that has it and what they think
    NE F4

thanx for the help getting one ordered

I have an 11 hatch and I'm looking at the n1 street.. I love the sound over everything else it's just I live I vegas and cops can be ****s.. If I drive it smart and keep it under 3k rpm with cops around should that be okay? My friend has a 02 straight pipe turboxs and that thing is LOUD! I'm just a littler nervous I'm okay with the noise I just don't want tickets and have to worry every time I drive especially at night.. Just wanted to hear your opinion on it?