Best turbo! please help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best turbo! please help! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I know lots of people ask this question but I need help on finding a good turbo for a ...

Best turbo! please help!

Hey, I know lots of people ask this question but I need help on finding a good turbo for a 07 sti. I want a turbo that can get me to 500HP+ and still be a daily driver. I am paining on getting all new internals and doing suspension work. If you could recommend one or link a website that would be great.
    (More HP wouldn’t be a bad thing... I’m going to be doing constant maintenance.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What dyno are you looking to make your #s on? This is the most important factor in recommending something like this. There are dynos that stock STi's dyno 245+whp, and there is one in NY that they don't break 200whp on.

At 500whp, reliability as a DD is really iffy.

If you want a 500whp DD, you're looking at probably a GT35R (or larger) on 93+meth / E85 with a built motor and cams/headwork
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

yea your 500+ hp DD is a little unrealistic for most people. What do you need that much power for?

and dont take this as an insult but most people that have 500hp cars dont come on a forum to ask what turbo to start with. I think you may need to rethink your goals a little and go from there.
    '04 Aspen White WRX

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    500 hp or 500 whp?

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen700 View Post
    yea your 500+ hp DD is a little unrealistic for most people. What do you need that much power for?

and dont take this as an insult but most people that have 500hp cars dont come on a forum to ask what turbo to start with. I think you may need to rethink your goals a little and go from there.
    This. If you need to ask a forum "What do I do for 500HP?" You probably don't, or more importantly SHOULDN'T have 500HP. Do research. And a lot of it. For a RELIABLE set-up, you're going to blow a lot of money, and it probably is not going to be terribly reliable.
    2006 CGM WRX, bone stock. ...For now.

as said...DD and 500hp don't really go in the same sentence.

You need to sit down and write down your goals. Search this site. Talk to tuners. Research NASIOC and IWSTI deeply. Do you want to just have bragging rights? Do you want to Auto-X? Do you want to Time Attack it? Do you want to Drag Race? Are you planning on Street racing (sure as HELL hope not!)? etc...

Are you planned on major down time just to build it? A build and proper tuning for this could take a couple months to a half a year unless you eat sleep breathe the car. Tuning alone will be a very fickle thing because you will most likely have to get a stand alone EM system such as AEM or Hydra, tune for Meth, higher octane fuel, etc etc etc...

You're looking at cams, forged internals all the way, possibly boring out the block a bit for larger displacement...etc etc etc...

I mean I can keep going on and on and on here. If this is what you want, do it right, do your homework, and take a second mortgage out on your home because it won't be cheap.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by bielanskimichal View Post
    Hey, I know lots of people ask this question but I need help on finding a good turbo for a 07 sti. I want a turbo that can get me to 500HP+ and still be a daily driver. I am paining on getting all new internals and doing suspension work. If you could recommend one or link a website that would be great.
    (More HP wouldn’t be a bad thing... I’m going to be doing constant maintenance.)
    Really?

How about constant maintenance that costs hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars, and replacing messed up transmissions and rear diffs and pretty much driving something that is so responsive all it takes is a second to turn it into a missile that could kill someone on the high way. You missed the 400whp thread all together...

Have a nice day.
    2006 WRX: For sale so I can get a damn mortgage.... bleh...
    1970 Beetle: Upset causing sleeper

Hawk-eye Alliance #156

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Listen to all the above. Wanting 500whp out of an Impreza isn't a great idea, and if you do hit your mark, it would be a good idea to trailer the car the the track, not a daily driver at all.

On another note, what you're looking for is a rotated 35r setup.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Listen to all the above. Wanting 500whp out of an Impreza isn't a great idea, and if you do hit your mark, it would be a good idea to trailer the car the the track, not a daily driver at all.

On another note, what you're looking for is a rotated 35r setup.
    I think he has been owned into submission.
    2006 WRX: For sale so I can get a damn mortgage.... bleh...
    1970 Beetle: Upset causing sleeper

Did anyone notice this was his 1st post LOL...

He probably wanted to race vipers and porches
    I <3 SASHA.M

Lol you guys are harsh

I've researched this site and basic and wrx tuners for 4 months before I bought my first wrx last week. Needless to say plenty of research needed for this beautiful machine.

Re: Best turbo! please help!

Yep, that's why we were so glad to have been wrong about your turbo choice in your thread.

And we're not THAT harsh =P

Posted from a fone.

Quote Originally Posted by BugeyedBaller View Post
    Lol you guys are harsh
    I don't think it was really harsh at all. We're realistic. He never came back and clarified himself or gave us anymore info anyway.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast