Downpipe question in California
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Downpipe question in California within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everybody, so wondering how many people in So cal have downpipes (catted or not) and do you change them ...

Downpipe question in California

Hi everybody, so wondering how many people in So cal have downpipes (catted or not) and do you change them for smog, and hows the sound (wake the neighbors) and plus with a catted dp how is the power gains on stage 2? Hope to get a good amount of replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    Hi everybody, so wondering how many people in So cal have downpipes (catted or not) and do you change them for smog, and hows the sound (wake the neighbors) and plus with a catted dp how is the power gains on stage 2? Hope to get a good amount of replies.
    catless downpipes do make the exhaust louder (no experience with catted aftermarket), but it depends on your catback.

and do you honestly care about the environment? if no go with catless because even a catted is still illegal in cali, if yes then catted doesnt lose much if any power and it will keep your conscious happy

and it wouldnt be too hard to swap for smog
    Last edited by Scuba2708; 02-20-2010 at 10:12 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    I have a catless downpipe on my 05 wrx and I live in SoCal right now. I got lucky this year because I did not have to get my vehicle smogged, but I know next year I am more than likely going to have to put my stock pipe, with the cat converter that chokes the turbo, back on it for it to pass smog!! Thats not gonna be too fun, but that's the way California is, as for the sound, personally I like that it sounds way deeper and much, much, louder than with the cat on...and being stage 2 right now the flow is much better.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Just having a catless downpipe isn't going to make your car loud. It will be slightly louder, but not like if you changed the muffler.

My car is catless with headers and 3" TBE and it isn't loud at all. If you didn't know better you would probably think it sounded like a stock exhaust.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.