Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thank you, so ill just keep the stock one when i need to get the car smogged. i read earlier ...

Thank you, so ill just keep the stock one when i need to get the car smogged. i read earlier that this is a good price for the grimmspeed ceramic coated up pipe 175.99 plus shipping i believe

GrimmSpeed Ceramic Coated Uppipe Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2011 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com

is there a better place to buy one or is rallysportdirect the best option?
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks like a PITA job. the youtube videos always make it look so easy and are always missing a few key steps (i.e. removing the heat shield). if they videotaped it the FIRST time they did the job, it would scare people off from buying the pipe and installing it . not to mention all the swearing in the video.

meh, i may get around to it at some point if i get bored and have a day to kill messing with my care when it's not so freaking hot out.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L
    2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 5.4L
    2005 Toyota Solara SE 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by NitroNate View Post
    looks like a PITA job. the youtube videos always make it look so easy and are always missing a few key steps (i.e. removing the heat shield). if they videotaped it the FIRST time they did the job, it would scare people off from buying the pipe and installing it . not to mention all the swearing in the video.

meh, i may get around to it at some point if i get bored and have a day to kill messing with my care when it's not so freaking hot out.
    Wait do you have link to the video, i think imma make this a weekend project with a few of my buds and a few beers! maybe also make a video =)
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

‪GrimmSpeed Up Pipe Install‬‏ - YouTube

This should take you to the YouTube video. If it doesn't, just type in "GrimmSpeed Up Pipe Install".
    Last edited by 2002SubieWRX; 08-29-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post

This should take you to the YouTube video. If it doesn't, just typ in "GrimmSpeed Up Pipe Install".
    Thanks, the link worked.
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

This should take you to the YouTube video. If it doesn't, just typ in "GrimmSpeed Up Pipe Install".
    Thanks, the link worked.
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

hay all so im most likely going to get this up pipe, do you guys think i would need any more hardware, like gaskets etc? thanks
    GrimmSpeed Ceramic Coated Uppipe Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2011 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

hay all so im most likely going to get this up pipe, do you guys think i would need any more hardware, like gaskets etc? thanks
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely gasket, probably at least one stud, plus one resistor. Buy PB Blaster and band-aids too.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Definitely gasket, probably at least one stud, plus one resistor. Buy PB Blaster and band-aids too.

cool, any specific size stud and the resistor is for the egt? how does that work, just plug it in and good to go? and yes ill make sure to have plenty of band-aids and rubbing alcohol. most likely going to have 2 of my buddies also, and have a few beers to entice them to help
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

Quote Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM View Post
    cool, any specific size stud and the resistor is for the egt? how does that work, just plug it in and good to go? and yes ill make sure to have plenty of band-aids and rubbing alcohol. most likely going to have 2 of my buddies also, and have a few beers to entice them to help
    The GrimmSpeed kit comes with all the studs and nuts you need. Yes, you should purchase new gaskets for every location you open up. RallySportDirect.com also sells GrimmSpeed gaskets. Check out this thread for more good information: What is the best catless uppipe for a 2002 WRX?.
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4

The GrimmSpeed kit comes with all the studs and nuts you need. Yes, you should purchase new gaskets for every location you open up. RallySportDirect.com also sells GrimmSpeed gaskets. Check out this thread for more good information: What is the best catless uppipe for a 2002 WRX?.

Thank you, you guys are very helpful and insightful. thanks for answering all my nooby questions
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

Quote Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM View Post
    Thank you, you guys are very helpful and insightful. thanks for answering all my nooby questions
    No problem. Everyone starts out knowing little, so don't feel bad. That's what the community is for, sharing information and helping people with problems. Good luck with the project and remember to put the heat shields back on. They do more good than you think.

No problem. Everyone starts out knowing little, so don't feel bad. That's what the community is for, sharing information and helping people with problems. Good luck with the project and remember to put the heat shields back on. They do more good than you think.

i order my uppipe last night with the extra gaskets i needed, should be a fun weekend with my friend. im trading him this labor for my vinyling labor lol. and were drinking beer so it should be a little more interesting, ill remind him to put back the head shield
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/