First Modifications - what to do and not to do - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Modifications - what to do and not to do within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all picking up my 02 wrx sport wagon tomorrow. Have a post in the new members but figured id ...

Hey all picking up my 02 wrx sport wagon tomorrow. Have a post in the new members but figured id post here for better responses. Car has only a catback exhaust on it but I am planning an ecu flash and megan racing up/dp along with possibly getting a nice y pipe and spearco top mount. I will be getting the correct maps for the parts just wondering if anyone has any good/bad thought on megan racing parts? I typically have had german cars so im more of an apr/giac/jhmotorsports guy but ya any help would be awesome

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dolsiac
    Hey all picking up my 02 wrx sport wagon tomorrow. Have a post in the new members but figured id post here for better responses. Car has only a catback exhaust on it but I am planning an ecu flash and megan racing up/dp along with possibly getting a nice y pipe and spearco top mount. I will be getting the correct maps for the parts just wondering if anyone has any good/bad thought on megan racing parts? I typically have had german cars so im more of an apr/giac/jhmotorsports guy but ya any help would be awesome
    MR are on par with other "eBay brands". Inexpensive, and sometimes lacking in QC. If you get a good part, you'd be fine.

The uppipe is enough of a PITA install that you wouldn't have to do it again if the part doesn't fit properly. Both MR uppipes I've helped install didn't fit properly.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks for the quick reply, ill definitely skip that brand then and probably go Invidia or agency power since I have an agency power on my //m and it has been amazing. Is the megan racing dp as bad also or should I just totally sway from them as a company on most parts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dolsiac
    Thanks for the quick reply, ill definitely skip that brand then and probably go Invidia or agency power since I have an agency power on my //m and it has been amazing. Is the megan racing dp as bad also or should I just totally sway from them as a company on most parts
    Agency Power is the house brand of Vivid Racing, a shop who has had their vendorship revoked on every major Subaru site due to shady business practices.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Wow I did not know that. Both my s2k and srt4 were sponsored by Vivid and I used to live in chandler az so I frequently visited the shop back in 06 but havent really done business other than buying my //m's exhaust from them 2 years ago which I also stopped by the shop and purchased. I could see how they might have problems as they were such a small company that skyrocketed almost overnight but ya did not know that about them. Will keep that in mind for sure when purchasing

Quote Originally Posted by dolsiac View Post
    I have an Invidia catless UP on my car, fit perfect with 0 issues. Invidia, Perrin, Turbo XS are all good choices for exhaust if you want them to install smoothly.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I agree. I installed my Turbo XS pipe onto my 03 without a hitch. Well, other than the odd positioning required to fit it.

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    I know that if I install a TBE that a tune is necessary, but what if its only CBE? Is a tune still warranted?

thanks for your patience and time

A tune is not required with a CBE.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    5) Intercooler hoses: Not that often recommended here but is a great mod for the $. Better flow and maybe reduced temps. - gain is 5hp or 8hp according to the famous author depending where you read.
    So this section interests me. Where can I find such hoses? is there a kit someone sells or am I buying each seperate- and again, who sells?

also, would a silicone hose between teh TB and TMIC be included in this? does it really make a difference, or just simply for show?
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

If you do an upgraded TMIC do you need a tune? Whats better, TMIC or FMIC? I seen this guy on youtube who has a 2003 Subaru WRX and he has a FMIC and where the old TMIC was is what looks like two little cold air intakes.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

I'm court-ordering you to stop watching Youtube videos that contain Subarus.

Slow down.

YouTube - Subaru Impreza WRX 2800 lbs 400 awhp (1 of 3)

at 5:40 is his engine and what I'm talking about.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanSubie View Post
    YouTube - Subaru Impreza WRX 2800 lbs 400 awhp (1 of 3)

at 5:40 is his engine and what I'm talking about.
    That's SubyPal's car, a ricer from another forum whose car is made of knock off parts and is held together by zip-ties.. That car makes a far cry from 400 whp as much as he wants to claim it does. And he only has 1 intake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanSubie View Post
    If you do an upgraded TMIC do you need a tune? Whats better, TMIC or FMIC? I seen this guy on youtube who has a 2003 Subaru WRX and he has a FMIC and where the old TMIC was is what looks like two little cold air intakes.
    Read all of this before posting again........ Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S